Update: Konami Backs Out of Fallujah

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
A sad day for gaming. I can understand Konami's decision really - after all, no one wants to get some nutters gunning for them. Still, its a sad day.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I think one of the worst parts is this basically means Konami are without a big hitter game for this year. Now what the hell are they gonna do?
mETAL gEAR sOLID 4: Guns of the Patriots: Sub-Subtitle begining with Sub Edition.

After Substance and Subsistence it wouldn't exactly be surprising.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Jharry5 said:
It's a shame they were forced to back down on what was a unique and interesting concept for a game. I can't see why this is any different to the mountains of games based on the Second World War - even though that war happened 60 years ago, there are still veterans alive and families who lost relatives in it (hell, a relative of mine was KIA, but I still play COD).
Maybe it was the realism factor (that it was based on actual accounts, rather than a fictionalised propagandised view of the on-going war - something that'd make the US military look bad) that made it so controversial?
1. Maybe it has something to do with how the Invasion of Fallujah began
(a) 200 Civillians protest that ended in a blood bath when 4 trigger happy soldiers fired on them
(b) The "blackwater bridge" issue, where 4 blackwater mercs were hanged after they were killed and burnt
(c) The invasion itself with 1100+ Iraqi "insurgents" dead

2. The war ain't over yet. An Iraqi based game, 60 years in the future might be less controversial.

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Adressing some of the posters: In case you dont know, they are still developing the game, so they are looking for other publishers now :)
edit: etided to make more sense (Im tired okay?!)

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Gormers1 said:
In case you dont know, they are still developing the game, so they are looking for other developers now :)
-cough- The developers still have the source code, rights of development, they just need a publisher now.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
I think one of the worst parts is this basically means Konami are without a big hitter game for this year. Now what the hell are they gonna do?
Pro Evolution Soccer 10?

(Its Konami that does those right?)