[UPDATE] Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Comic Artist Accidentally Confirms Galactus?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Makes sense; Apocalypse, Onslaught and now Galactus. Each new game requires a bigger and badder Big Bad.

I look forward to cheaply whippin his ass with Cable.

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
Awsome... Wait... "...Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)"

Yay! But... I thought they werent going to add any more darkstalkers characters? Unless... DLC? Goddamn, capcom!

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
bahumat42 said:
F-I-D-O said:
YES! I love Taskmaster. So, will his special change depending on who he is fighting?
No? Dang.
Will he be able to instantly learn all of his opponent's moves? Including super/specials?
No? Dang.
Will he ba able to see every attack before it occurs from their movement, then block the attack, and follow with a counter from the plethora of fighting styles he has seen, making him, for all intents and purposes, unbeatable except through a few lucky tag team hits?
No? Dang.
I feel sorry for the guy who was balancing the game.
Hey, make the sentinel's rocket punch a little longer, so he can be damaged if the opponent gets really close.
*phone rings
(insert name) here. Insert a new character? We could do that, who is it? TASKMASTER? The guy who instantly reads his opponent, revealing all attacks, entire fighting style, weak points, and how to block him after one punch? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?
Anyway, the cast is looking nice. Really hope it's balanced, but it looks more to be a fun button masher, which isn't bad. Either way, I'll be getting this, probably the special edition.

um your overestimating taskmaster. He ca mimiick (and understand) an opponents moves to some degree. But if you fight randomly or out of your normal way you can easily trump him (he doesnt just pick it up on the fly he has to research and learn) hense why deadpool frequently hands him his ass in the comics (because of his mental state thus having no discernable pattern)
I've read comics where he has been described as instantly learning what someone will do/their fighting style instantly, and has been described as having flash memorization, and a form of photographic memory for his muscles. I've haven't seen him fight deadpool. However, in a fighting game, he seems overpowered, as you can't really vary the attacks you use. (ex:you punch, kick, and use a special, yes it's oversimplification) Maybe if the opponent pulls five hadokens in a row, TM gets a special attack to block and then do massive damage. But even then, he just seems like an odd fit for this kind of game. That being said, I want him in it.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Here's thinking Taskmaster will be the Mokujin/Cycloid-esque character.

Also, somebody get Deadpool to shoryuken Wolverine (I kinda doubt you'll be able to fully mimic that comic as Shadowcat seems somewhat unlikely to be included).

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
That update makes sense now. Not too likely we would see such a massive game change when launch is only a month and a half away. I hope they do release some of the mentioned characters as DLC. Here's to hoping. :)

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
Hrm ... My thinking is the comic will be only loosely connected to the game featuring a longer story and larger cast like the SVC: Chaos comic. But yeah, Taskmaster would be f&ck*n' AWESOME!!

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
I'm really wondering how Taskmaster is going to work in-game. If he copies the opponent's moves he'd basically be a joke character as you can't build strategies on something like that. He could also be a bunch of counter moves, those "if you hit me now you'll eat a load of damage" things, which could be a very potent weapon against assists depending on how fast it activates.

I really don't like Sentinel and Jean Grey nor Akuma or Haggar but hey, there's enough characters in the game I'd like to mess around with already so I can live without Doc Strange or Photon/Captain Marvel/Monica Rambeau.

Jamiemitsu said:
Awsome... Wait... "...Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)"

Yay! But... I thought they werent going to add any more darkstalkers characters? Unless... DLC? Goddamn, capcom!
Hsien-Ko has been sort of spoiled because her name was dropped as a favorite character by the developers and there's a team of three darkstalkers achievement (IE Morrigan and Felicia + 1).

It could still be a ruse if the achievement is attained by cloning Morrigan and then calling in Felicia as an assist at the same time. I just thought of that actually, wow, I surprised myself with that one. It's still up in the air I guess.

But that twitter guy seems to have guessed everything right so far.
gphjr14 said:
Still don't see why MODOK was put in this...
Because of old school comic fans like me who love it.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Dam it Capcom, you're not taking Mike Haggar away from us! We deserve, no... he deserves it!

Haha, but in all seriousness, it's funny that they're really milking the roste. Considering it's coming out in a few months, the best way to drum up hype is to show the whole thing in working fighting modes, to see all these characters go at it...

...and the game hypes itself really. It's MARVEL vs CAPCOM!

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
I thought that picture of Aunt May as Herald of Galactus broke my brain...then Therumancer had to suggest Dan Hibiki as one. I now happily await the men in white coats to take me away.

For the record, though, I do have one question Therumancer. I remember that Squirrel Girl defeated Doctor Doom (which was interesting in and of itself), but when the PHRACK did she defeat GALACTUS?!? Better question...HOW did she defeat him?!?

Red Rum

Feb 25, 2008
So far in the MVC series, mostly Marvel big bads have been used as non-playable bosses. For far we had Onslaught, Apocalypse, and now Galactus. The only Capcom boss we had was Akuma as a cyborg, and he was working for Apocalypse. All the other bosses we've faced are merely Original Characters.

With MVC3 capable of DLC, I say we can change this. There should be DLC where you can fight a non-playable Capcom boss. The three top contenders for the role I see are Darkstalkers' Anakaris and Pyron and Ghosts and Goblins' Astaroth.