[Update] Maxis Getting Help From BioWare to Write Darkspore?

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Sounds like it's little more than wild speculation or reports to incite customer interest in the game.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Now this has my interest. Well if it doesn't get labeled a kids toy, I may just buy it.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
If you could get anybody to write a huge game that Darkspore will have to be, the safest bet is somebody from Bioware.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Nice to see the two companies working together. Bioware makes epic stories, so, niced to see them working with Maxis!

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Interesting. Interesting, but not too exciting. Just gonna wait to see how the game turns out before I say anything on how good/bad it might be.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
findler said:
Captain Pancake said:
Bioware is Canadian??? Oh man, what with LRR and now this, it's becoming harder and harder for me to uphold my intolerance of Canada!
We. Will. Break. You.
At this rate it'll take one more awesome thing and I'll be sold...

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Oooh boy.

I can't let myself think for sure that this will be good though. I cannot. I made that mistake with the original Spore. This ended badly.

Gotta wait until I see reviews and community thoughts for what will hopefully be "Maxis's RPG-esque Spore Successful Repentance."

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Is it true that in Darkspore, you can't actually create your creature? That's the message that I got from this:
If so, gratz on Bioware for story. Why is Capcom managing the execution of the game?
Holy crap! she's kind of cute!

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I loved Spore and I'm hoping that this turns out to be just as good (part of me cannot help but think this might just be Galactic Adventures with a new coat of paint though)

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Aeshi said:
I loved Spore and I'm hoping that this turns out to be just as good (part of me cannot help but think this might just be Galactic Adventures with a new coat of paint though)
same here, you better be able to make creature's or i won't buy it.

airwolfe591

Dec 11, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Aeshi said:
same here, you better be able to make creature's or i won't buy it.
You're not going to be able to make your own creatures. They're going to have a lot of 'collectible' heroes that can be generously modified however you like and from what I've seen, I actually like what's going on better and it makes sense because this is an Action RPG, that's going to have some PvP, so balancing would be a major issue.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Captain Pancake said:
findler said:
Captain Pancake said:
Bioware is Canadian??? Oh man, what with LRR and now this, it's becoming harder and harder for me to uphold my intolerance of Canada!
We. Will. Break. You.
At this rate it'll take one more awesome thing and I'll be sold...
Well not sure how much you care for RTS games, but makers of Homeworld, DoW and CoH (Relic) are also Canadian.

As for the topic. Never hurts have a good writer overlooking the story process, but the question is how much he can inspire his team to make something nice in the end, in the land of deadlines and corporate money one name not always is a warrant of great writing.