Update: Net Neutrality Restrictions Struck Down by U.S. Appeals Court

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
the doom cannon said:
Does it bother anyone else that the cables are upside down in that picture?
They're usually upside down when I first try them, so no.

>.>

Gorrath said:
I'm deadly serious when I say that I hope we can harness enough collective, active rage to push greater net neutrality laws through Congress that explicitly forbid carriers from favoring or dis-favoring any website.
Even if there's outrage, there's too much of a "free market" streak to do anything and ISPs have lobbyists.

CriticalMiss said:
It bothers me more that there is a solitary blue cable, whilst there are two of each of the other colours. What is worse is that it is excluding green cables! So much for cable equality.
The courts struck down cable neutrality, meaning they can charge more for the green ones.

I can honestly say I've never heard of net neutrality before, I guess I'm naive enough to have assumed ISPs wouldn't favour some sites over others.
There's money to be made, so assume they'll do their best to make it. If that means making the internet a toll road, they'll do that. A couple ISPs were actually experimenting with this before the policies were put in place. I have trouble believing they won't try some more.