Update on Erin Dies Alone

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Thank you for posting this. I kinda just figured that it was another case of "Creator leaves Escapist and takes their IP with them, tries to run their IP on their own site, IP dies off".

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Smithnikov said:
Final Fantasy with DragonballZ plot progression, glad you reminded me.
Gotta fix your quotes mang.

thepyrethatburns said:
Thank you for posting this. I kinda just figured that it was another case of "Creator leaves Escapist and takes their IP with them, tries to run their IP on their own site, IP dies off".
Nah, I think G&C actually care a lot about EDA. The fact that even now, they haven't given up on it even though they have so many reasons to do so is proof enough of that I think.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
For the record the story was stuck in the same room - literally in the same room - from 11 October 2016 to 20 April 2017. For over six months the strip was just the pratty back-and-forth in that single fucking room. I'm not even referring to the storyline itself (which began January 2016) but this one single scene which dragged on for more than half a year. Technically over a year now, because to this day they're continuing the story on their own website. And they're still in that one fucking room.

TheSlothOverlord

Mar 20, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
For the record the story was stuck in the same room - literally in the same room - from 11 October 2016 to 20 April 2017. For over six months the strip was just the pratty back-and-forth in that single fucking room. I'm not even referring to the storyline itself (which began January 2016) but this one single scene which dragged on for more than half a year. Technically over a year now, because to this day they're continuing the story on their own website. And they're still in that one fucking room.
Yeah, but that's because in the past year they've updated what, like 7 or 8 times? The way you say it makes it sound like they had hundreds of panels in this one room, but it's only been like that because they weren't able to update the comic.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering why it hadn't been updated in so long. I was worried they'd just stopped and that was that.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
TheSlothOverlord said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Yeah, but that's because in the past year they've updated what, like 7 or 8 times? The way you say it makes it sound like they had hundreds of panels in this one room, but it's only been like that because they weren't able to update the comic.
13 "updates" since they left - and I use that word as loosely as it can get - plus another 19 "updates" to the whole room scenario while they were still here. So that's 32 strips of them fucking about in the same place for over a year.

If there's a Vitruvian ideal to how you should pace and structure your webcomic, EDA is not it.