Update: The Escapist Community Musician Rocks a Half-Life 2 Tribute Song

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Hubilub said:
And the only thing playing during the entire game.
But wouldn't hearing it over and over and over make it incredibly boring and tortures.

OT: It´s good. Maybe not as good as some of the people here are saying, but good none the less.

Epictank of Wintown

Jan 8, 2009
My friend, you've got some serious, serious talent.

I've sent a couple links to your songs to the boys over at Halolz- hopefully, they'll get posted to that site and get you a bit more notoriety. You certainly deserve it.

AzimuthZeke

May 8, 2010
It is very rarely that I log in at the escapist to post, so rare in fact, this is the first time. Amazing work MoS, my only complaint is that I can't seem to find an MP3 version of the songs or find it in itunes or something.

Just wanted to know if there was a audio format available somewhere, and if so where? If not, you should try and get them on itunes or something so we can give you something for your great work.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I haven't played all of Half Life 2 and it's episodes, but I loved your song enough to add the title to the walls of the stalls in the bathroom at college. Hopefully at least one more person will be blessed to hear the songs that I have the privilege to hear. I can't wait for the next one, and also can't wait until you have enough to release your own album, one that helps push gaming as a culture into music even more.

The lyrics are just so amazing, love the TBoCC's verses, and GFSML's chorus has been stuck in my head since I first heard it. Hopefully we get some new songs soon, can't wait to see what you've got for us next :D Ty for the awesome songs :3

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Epictank of Wintown said:
My friend, you've got some serious, serious talent.

I've sent a couple links to your songs to the boys over at Halolz- hopefully, they'll get posted to that site and get you a bit more notoriety. You certainly deserve it.
Thank you very much, that was nice of you :)

CheckD3 said:
can't wait to see what you've got for us next :D
It might just be somethign concerning a certain very popular FPS franchise... ;)

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Wow.

Guys this is just too awesome, thank you so much for making my day, fuck it, for making my year.

My very cliched 'almost made it big but never quite did' music career went on a downturn in the last year due to the pesky old recession (it ain't easy out there for a 30 year old rocker stuck in the 80s and 90s!) but from this unbelievable reaction today, you guys have encouraged me to give it one more shot and not give up the one dream I've had since I was 10 years old - to make music for a living.

I'm honoured and delighted that the site featured it, and I'm so excited that I can't get to sleep, even though I have now been awake for 28 hours.

Hub thanks for the plugs, and Mr Funk thanks for the mention :)

You guys are so amazing, thank you :)
That... was heaven! The purest, most vibrant, most perfect harmony I've ever heard! Now I finally know why your avatar is Soundwave.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Siuki said:
[ That... was heaven! The purest, most vibrant, most perfect harmony I've ever heard! Now I finally know why your avatar is Soundwave.
Thank you :) I'm showing the missus that post :D

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
CheckD3 said:
I haven't played all of Half Life 2 and it's episodes, but I loved your song enough to add the title to the walls of the stalls in the bathroom at college. Hopefully at least one more person will be blessed to hear the songs that I have the privilege to hear. I can't wait for the next one, and also can't wait until you have enough to release your own album, one that helps push gaming as a culture into music even more.

The lyrics are just so amazing, love the TBoCC's verses, and GFSML's chorus has been stuck in my head since I first heard it. Hopefully we get some new songs soon, can't wait to see what you've got for us next :D Ty for the awesome songs :3
Tnanks a mil man, next one is about a cetain popular FPS ;)

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
CheckD3 said:

That tells me so much but at the same, keeps us all in the dark...lol. I'm hoping FO3, but it could as easily be Halo or something else, the anticipation is killing me! Lol

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
CheckD3 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
CheckD3 said:

That tells me so much but at the same, keeps us all in the dark...lol. I'm hoping FO3, but it could as easily be Halo or something else, the anticipation is killing me! Lol
I'll save you! It's most likely Modern Warfare 2, the game I asked him not to destroy in his song.

But, hell, we'll see. Still going to pe Ipod-worthy, I reckon.