UPDATE: Video of Females on Female Characters Panel

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
Just saw this (kind of a slowpoke, I know). This was a great video and I'm really glad to see discussions like this out there. On the subject of Enslaved, the complaints I mostly heard from people I know were that the central relationship wasn't very well written and skirted around the more interesting issues it should have raised. I would add to that my own complaint that it might as well not have claimed to be based on Journey to the West at all because it so completely disregarded anything significant in the source material. I'm sure there were complaints like the ones described, but it's important not to disregard all of the serious gameplay and pacing issues and the complaints with the writing.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm saying that the way the people in the panel describe the characters in Enslaved is far superior to what was present in the game itself.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Well as far as enslaved is concerned I have no problem with gender. I do however have a problem with how She forces him to help her. Switch the genders and make it the less capable male forcing a more capable female to help her and I still wouldn't like this. Practical as it may be, forcing someone to do something against there will never sits right with me. Not to beat around the bush, but it reminds me of rape.

To summarize, it's not the genders that's the problem it's the actions.

Srdjan Tanaskovic

Oct 20, 2010
SnakeCL said:
Srdjan Tanaskovic said:
and who the hell was that girl who brought up the Samus point? Because I need to slap her for thinking that Samus was ever well written

she also seems to forget that Samus was always blond and am I the only one who gets the idea behind the zero suit?
What even odder, is that the story for Other M was written by Yoshio Sakamoto. Ya know, the same guy that's always written Samus.
Thats not really odd. It s a well known fact that writers can lose quality over the years. But Sakamoto has never been that good. a few lines of dialogues does not count as well written

also perhaps I heard wrong but did they say developers should focus more on making characters good then real and then they bash FF13 for not having characters that feels real?