UPDATED Darksiders 3 Has Apparently Leaked on Amazon, Including Screenshots

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
UPDATED Darksiders 3 Has Apparently Leaked on Amazon, Including Screenshots

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1402/1402482.jpgUPDATE: THQ Nordic has followed through with the official announcement of Darksiders 3. The official press release reads as follows:

"As promised, we have taken our time to ensure that this next Darksiders will be everything action-adventure gamers and especially Darksiders loyalists could dream of and more," said Lars Wingefors, Co-Founder and Group CEO, THQ Nordic AB.

The company also announced that it is working with the team at Gunfire Games, which is largely comprised of the original creators of the Darksiders franchise, on development of the long and highly-anticipated project.

"The Gunfire team brings an intimate involvement with every aspect of the Darksiders franchise since its inception," said Reinhard Pollice, Director of Business and Product Development, THQ Nordic. "There is simply no team better qualified to create Darksiders III, beginning with our unpredictable and enigmatic hero FURY - a mage who is considered the most powerful of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!"

ORIGINAL STORY:

It looks like Darksiders 3 is real, and will star a whip-wielding mage named Fury.

We've all been expecting a Darksiders 3 announcement to happen in the near future, especially after we got that Darksiders remaster last year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168047-Darksiders-Warmastered-Edition-Announced-Coming-to-PC-PS4-Xbox-One-Wii-U-Later-this-Year]. Now, thanks to an Amazon listing that may have been posted a little too early, it looks like we can finally say that Darksiders 3 is happening.

According to the listing, you will play as Fury, a mage who uses her whip and her magic to try and restore the balance between good and evil on Earth. Fury is described in the game's blurb as, "The most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen." The Amazon listing includes the following game features:

Harness FURY's magic to unleash her various forms - each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
Darksiders signature art style - expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature

The listing is still on Amazon as of this writing, and you can see it here [https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RMFRFH/]. Darksiders 3 is listed as coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One, with a $60 price tag. Amazon shows a release date of December 31, 2018, but that could just be a placeholder until the announcement is officially made. With this listing going live today, I'd be expecting an official release at any time.

[gallery=7323]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I think I may have peed myself a little from the sudden excitement.

Weird thing is here though, a bundle of the two Darksider games appeared on psn storefront last night, except it had a shot of that protagonist in the middle of war and death which confused me greatly because the description mentioned nought about her and I had no memory of her existence. So...what is going on there then? Was it just a stealth announcement for fans?

Edit: It's still there, even titled 'Fury edition' with the lady taking up most of the screen real-estate, yet only mentions the 2 games and the price is certainly too small to include a new title. Trickery!!

iconoclast xvii

Mar 3, 2017
Seems like Amazon usually uses the "December 31, [year]" release date to mean "sometime in [year]".

Anyway, I'm excited for this. I really hope it is more like Darksiders 2 than 1. To me, the first felt like a God of War knock off, while the second felt like it took some of the God of War concepts and made their own game from it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I just commented on this in another DS3 topic created by a user. But fine, I'll post in the "official" Escapist topic since it didn't take you three days to report the news.

I can't wait. I love Darksiders. Darksiders 2 is one of my favorite last gen games. I was worried after THQ went bankrupt that I'll never get a sequel. This is great news for me.
There.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And people doubted me when they said Darksiders 3 wasn't going to happen just because of the reformation of THQ to THQ-Nordic. Congrats to all you you Darksiders fans out there. One again you guys got the best modern Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver games ever made. I might invest myself in this one.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
The other darksiders were superbly designed, animated and voice acted. But the story was like a carrot on a stick that moved slower than treacle. with endless detours.

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
Some good news aswell, the studio that appears to have developed the game, gunfire games was founded by some former vigil members. Even if it's not the entire former team, chances seem good that it will be a true sequel and not just some cash grab garbage using the franchise name.

Also side note, is that death's scythes on the character's back in one of those screenshots?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Nice, I really liked the other two games, can't wait. Although I do have to wonder what game series this one will play like, the first played like the old Zelda game and the second played like a dungeon crawler like Diablo.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Seishisha said:
Also side note, is that death's scythes on the character's back in one of those screenshots?
If you're talking about in the very first screenshot: it looks more like some sort chakram to me.

OT:
On the one hand, it's great that we're getting more of this series. I really enjoyed the first two and feared the worst when THQ went tits-up. Glad to see that another game is coming out in this franchise. And we get to play as Fury, too! If you've read the comics then you already knew Fury was a female Horseman, so it's nice we're getting a female protagonist in this franchise. "Hell hath no fury..." and all that. :p

The one thing I'm sad about is that, apparently, the rumors weren't true. I recall there being talk that DS3 was going to be 4 play co-op with all of the Horsemen going on a rampage. Granted, I'm not certain how you could pull such a game together as it would likely require jumping to a completely different genre than action-RPG, but then again I'm not a game designer. :p

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Cool, though the only thing I ask of it is that maybe it cuts down on some of the 'find x macguffin' quests. Fucking god knows I got sick of those during 2.

odolwa

Feb 15, 2011
I still kind of wish they'd gone with pestilence and famine as the last 2 horsemen, rather than fury and strife. Those are still issues the world faces today.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
The screenshots look gorgeous and like they are trying to maintain the art style of the first two games. I approve!

I hope they work on the pacing a little bit though. I thought Darksiders 2 just went on and on and on with lots of unnecessary padding.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
FINALLY! I was so sad after THQ went down under but now here it is :D I hope Joe works a bit on this one too but even then this is great and a whip and magic? ZIs this mixing Zelda with Castlevania and Diablo loot system? If so consider me hyped af!

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
You know, I might actually want to get back to Darksiders being that I got both games now in a humble bundle. Also Gaara is frigging War!

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Fug yeah! My Zelda fix outside of Zelda.
Even with the problems the previous 2 had, I will remember them very fondly.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Oh man, this is great! I've already played through the games several times, and it's one of the few games where I'd bought multiple copies of . One version on the console, and one on my PC. I cannot wait for this to be released! I guess Fury is the protagonist here,guess they will have at least one more game up their sleeves, unless they Strife is playable too somehow.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
dragongit said:
Oguess they will have at least one more game up their sleeves, unless they Strife is playable too somehow.
Well, they originally did plan four games - one for each horseman. I'm actually pleased to hear that they still want to keep that plan.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
Does this mean Ds4 is going to be about a demigod that makes everyone die of hunger?

I dont want to pis in peeps cheerios but i feel like its going to be called a Bayonetta clone... and that game modestly succeeded even after folks actually wanted the sequel. Thankfully it wont be limited to one console.

Unfortunately... THQ Nordic

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Leonardo Huizar said:
Does this mean Ds4 is going to be about a demigod that makes everyone die of hunger?

Naw, they will have plenty to eat. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/darksiders/images/c/c6/Strife.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130220075648
Plenty of lead.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
TheScorpion said:
You know, I might actually want to get back to Darksiders being that I got both games now in a humble bundle. Also Gaara is frigging War!
Also, he's Asura, Santcus, and David (Killer Is Dead)!

<spoiler=Asura>https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-16-2015/dpwit2.gif