Updated Player Character Models Arrive in World of Warcraft's Next Patch

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
michael87cn said:
was excited until i learned they kept the old horrible animations. why revamp the looks if you're not going to fix animations made in 2001?
Every animation IS changed. the new models contain many more "bones" than the previous ones, so they all had to be remade from scratch, with better body movements, facial animations, even fingers!

Pandaren, Worgen and Goblins are not being re-done as those models aren't all that old, and are already WAY better than the original ones. (Blood Elves are due to be patched in at some point after launch)

JSoup said:
You get the Corgi for running the Molten Core instance, which (along with the event battleground) requires a character to be level capped (level 100, that is). So we'll have about a week of leveling before the events start, and then two months to finish them. Renewing in the middle of it will work if you actually play. People who take forever to level are kinda screwed.
And as for the 10th Anniversary stuff, the Molten Corgi is indeed given to EVERYONE who logs in during the event, no battlegrounds, or raids required.

The new level 100 Molten Core will reward a Corehound Mount, and a title, I don't know about loot.

And there's the 40 v 40 Southshore v Tarren Mill Battleground, with pvp titles and such.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
BigTuk said:
Alfador_VII said:
BigTuk said:
Oh goody New player models... look how lovely they look... now lets hurry up and cover themwith absurdlly clashing armour
That's what Transmogrification is for, you can make your armour and weapons look how you want :)
And it sorta shows Blizzard's Laziness. Their approach to the .. our stystem is so simple everyone winds up with the same armour set... is to give them the ability to reskin the armor ...

Also doesn't change the fact that the new player models are gonna be covered up 98% of the time..
I think you're trying a little to hard to turn this update into a reason to slam on Blizzard. By all means though, explain to me how implementing a feature that fans had been asking for probably since day one of the game's launch is showing Blizzard's "laziness".

Also, you'd be surprised how many people use the "Hide Headgear" option.

Svarr

Nov 2, 2011
"New models and animations, suddenly i want to resub to WoW."

Who here said that? I wanna know. o3o

Selina Longhway

Oct 18, 2014
Been playing the new patch and let me tell you, they absolutely NEED to upgrade ALL the races to look new... *except pandarens* It is EXTREMELY noticable that the goblins worgen and blood elves look terrible next to the new shiny models... We pay enough and for too many years to be chinced on this! If your gonna upgrade the game upgrade ALL of it... The movements are amazingly nice and smooth and the expressions and how nice the models look... they really did a good job... Now add the new updated models for the last 3 that need it and we are all good.