Updates through Steam

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
Well, I suppose this is technically game-related, but I didn't really feel like it was appropriate to but in the Gaming Discussion.

Anywho, I'm having some serious problems updating a game through Steam; specifically, Supreme Commander 2. I bought the game on a disc, and it installed just fine. However, I have to install a crap-ton of updates before I can play the game; seven hours of waiting worth.

The problem presents itself right when it is almost done... it stops downloading at 99%, 10 MB away from finishing.

I'm tried to research the problem, and while I've found several fixes, none of them so far have worked. I've re-installed the game, re-installed Steam, verified the integrity of the game cache, and deleted some odd .blob file. The game still stops at the exact same spot every time. It's not just me either; I bought a copy of the game for my boyfriend as well, and his stops in the same place.

I'm not sure if the problem is in Steam, our internet, or the game itself. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks.