US Citizenship Exam

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Hawgh said:
75% Woop woop.

Quick question: If a senator represents the people of a state, why does the quiz tell me that there are 100 senators? Did you sneak in a few more states while nobody looked? Are all senators twins? Do you maintain an array of cloned backups?
There's 50 states.

2 senators per state.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I got 100% of them out of 20. I'm surprised. I expected to feel ignorant and humbled like I would were I taking a math test.

zehydra said:
30 questions, 100%, US citizen.

what now, lol.
Now I give you a high five.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
29/30 and the only reason its 29 is because I scrolled right over a question and never answered it :<

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Mestraal said:
23/30. Considerably better than I did for the U.K. test, and I'm a British Citizen. Hah. I find American history far easier to remember...
Well, there is less of it ;) [/troll]

Got 14/20 for Illinois, but the questions generally seemed more relevant and contemporary than that bullshit UK one. And that's coming from a UK citizen who scored half that on the other test...

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
17/20 for the California test, and I'm a British citizen. I guess I'm not too shabby on the workings of America. At least the questions were about, y'know, stuff that's probably going to be worth knowing about your adopted country.

sanatloc

Aug 29, 2011
17/20, not bad for a Brit, given my score on the British test I cant be a citizen here but I can go to the USA, nice to see the US test is actually relevant rather than the British test...

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Shup up, test. Ben Franklin is not famous for free library shit, he's famous for flying a kite with a key on it. Get your facts straight.

I got 15/20, but I think this is much easier than the UK one.

JoJoDeathunter said:
UK Citizen here... I passed this test with 17/20 and not the UK one (11/24).
And now I'm sure.

RiotTerror

Oct 8, 2010
36/50
72%

I can get around 38% on the UK test. And I live there.
My knowledge of America comes exclusively through pop culture, middle school history lessons on slavery and that one cracked article on how George Washington was majorly incompetent.
Guys I think your test needs fixing.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I got a 17/20 and I learned that our founding 13 colonies were not only called colonies, but were in-fact known as states too.

I mean if you can't get a 60% on this thing you probably shouldn't get to live in America. We already have to turn down a ton of good people who want to get in, so why not help filer for more favorable people?

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
19/20 but I'm not a US citizen. I live in the US though. It was much easier than the UK citizenship test. That kicked my ass so hard I was wearing it like a fart smelling hat. *thinks for a minute* Eww... Why did I say that?

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
14/20 70% New York test.

I'm Australian, some of those questions are total crap TBH like educational departments not being a branch or part of the government. What about public schools??

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
45/50 and I'm Australian, the only ones I couldn't get were the state specific questions, like the senator. I chose New Mexico for some reason.

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
43 out of 50. How was I supposed to know when my taxes are due? I'm in high school! Everything else I goofed up on. I managed to mix up the dates of the constitution and declaration of independence. I'm an American citizen so I find it quite embarrassing that I got a solid B on the test.

hightide

Kittenkiller
Jun 17, 2009
According to Oregon, human rights was not one of the reasons for the civil war.... What? I would expect that from a southern state but not liberal Oregon?

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
liquidsolid said:
27/30 and I'm a citizen. I passed cause you only need 60% or something to pass. Glad I know enough about my own country to live here. One of the questions was bullshit though. There are four amendments in the constitution that describe who can vote. Describe one. I picked: Any person of any race can vote. WRONG! Wait? only men can vote? wait what?!?!
...There is an amendment that says that white, male landowners are the only ones who can vote. There is NO amendment that says that anyone of any race can vote.

Technically, the test is right.
The Amendments I had in mind were the 15th which states "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or pervious condition of servitude." and the 19th which states "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

So I assumed that "any person of any race can vote" was what they were looking for as opposed to "any male of any race can vote" which was the "right" answer. Fair enough?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
liquidsolid said:
Kopikatsu said:
liquidsolid said:
27/30 and I'm a citizen. I passed cause you only need 60% or something to pass. Glad I know enough about my own country to live here. One of the questions was bullshit though. There are four amendments in the constitution that describe who can vote. Describe one. I picked: Any person of any race can vote. WRONG! Wait? only men can vote? wait what?!?!
...There is an amendment that says that white, male landowners are the only ones who can vote. There is NO amendment that says that anyone of any race can vote.

Technically, the test is right.
The Amendments I had in mind were the 15th which states "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or pervious condition of servitude." and the 19th which states "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

So I assumed that "any person of any race can vote" was what they were looking for as opposed to "any male of any race can vote" which was the "right" answer. Fair enough?
I understand what you're saying, but it didn't say 'What amendment is the one we're using right now.' Just to pick one of them. 'Any person of any race can vote' still wasn't an amendment. 'Anyone who is a citizen can vote' is basically what the 15th amendment says. In the context of that amendment, the part about race is essentially flavor text. The important part is the citizen part.