US Company to install RFID micro chips into employees hands.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
trunkage said:
Chimpzy said:
... suddenly, Satan became a lot more appealing.
This pun has made me more cranky than you possible imagine. I have to speak in my "calming" stilted voice to communicate. I wonder if I could find an outlet...
Would you believe I just wanted to make a lame joke with my username and avatar, and that the pun is entirely unintended?

Whether that makes it better or worse is up to you. I'm quite pleased with it tho.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Lil devils x said:
Okay so I have to wonder who pays for their removal if the employees get fired/ no longer work there?
Since its voluntary, the company may absolve itself of any responsibility for the chip after its implanted. Just got to add the appropriate fine prints.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Chimpzy said:
trunkage said:
Chimpzy said:
... suddenly, Satan became a lot more appealing.
This pun has made me more cranky than you possible imagine. I have to speak in my "calming" stilted voice to communicate. I wonder if I could find an outlet...
Would you believe I just wanted to make a lame joke with my username and avatar, and that the pun is entirely unintended?

Whether that makes it better or worse is up to you. I'm quite pleased with it tho.
It's like getting shot by a drive by. It doesn't matter if you were the intended victim or not, its still shit.

So I'd say - on par

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Chimpzy said:
trunkage said:
Chimpzy said:
... suddenly, Satan became a lot more appEEling.

Yea, I so thought that was great. I made ONE change for you tho :D

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
gigastar said:
Lil devils x said:
Okay so I have to wonder who pays for their removal if the employees get fired/ no longer work there?
Since its voluntary, the company may absolve itself of any responsibility for the chip after its implanted. Just got to add the appropriate fine prints.
That was my thought as well, that due to it being " voluntary" they would leave people to be responsible to have it removed themselves if they quit or even worse if they show up to work one day and the doors are locked with a sign on the door that they are out of business.

I do not think they can really take into account the long term for these type of things in terms of upgrades, maintenance and removal.

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
Man, this viral marketing campaign for a William Gibson short story film adaptation looking great.

Ow, wait..

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Queen Michael said:
Wasn't this the plot of The Belko Experiment?
WOW! You're right!

Also, where I work we have a nifty vending machine that has a thumb print scanner. It works very well and there's no risk of getting instant death from implanted explosives.