Us Humans are f**king amazing!

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
We really are, aren't we?
We are the dominant species on this planet, we have eradicated some disease (difficult to concentrate when your brother is shouting at you), we have been in space and we are just awsome.

SO WHY DOES EVERYONE ACT LIKE WE'RE NOT!?

Discuss! (sorry it's brief but my brother is shouting at me)

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Because we are constantly killing each other for (most of the time) no reason

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
Best guess would be the things that are far from amazing.

Example: War, Slavery, Republicans etc.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
We are.
I think we are the most amazing and the most useless species at the same time. So if you average that out, we actually end up being kind of so-so.
But still, we're cool. Almost as awesome as lab mice and dolphins.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Cause we've eradicated only a very small amount of diseases, like smallpox. Not many really. The plague is still around you know.
And maybe it's only human nature to boast about ones self, not everyone at once.
Still though we're damn amazing for some of the stuff we do.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
Because we have a tendency to wreck nature and kill each other. So do all other species, truth be told, but we're far more proficient at it. We're also the only species which ever attempts to conserve its surroundings and the only species capable of killing its fellows which holds back for moral reasons, but some people are determined to hate themselves. Let them, they didn't take us into space.

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
Because we're a corrupted species that destroys anything it steps on and kills other humans for fun.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
and to balance out eradicating smallpox, we have the holocaust. To balance out space travel, we have nuclear weapons...

In all fairness though I do think humanity is pretty alright on the whole and I'd much rather be a homo-sapiens than anything else on this planet (exceptafalconfalcon'sareawesome). Some people will just see the dark side of everything while completely refusing to acknowledge the good, because... I don't know... they can't bear the thought of having friends?

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Humans are freaking badasses. Every single one of us is the product of millions of years of pure, unadulterated carnage. Every living being on the Earth trying its damndest to completely obliterate everything in its path, all the way down to the molecular level. And we STILL came out on top.

Seriously, every time you go outside, breathe a nice deep breath, make a big smile, and kick the crap out of the closest tree you can find. Earth's been trying to grind us under the wheel since we first crawled out of the ocean, and we've kicked its ass. Grand Champions, 500,000 years and counting baby! We're on a roll! Now we just need to get out into space and take our game to the big leagues. NO ONE IS SAFE!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Because we fuck up a lot. I'm still not convinced we didn't create the dinosaurs and then set off some sort of bomb in an attempt to wipe them out. Taking with them most of us and all our technological advances sending us back to the stone age. Now we are recovering and we still have not learned our lesson.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
"We are the dominant species" - And yet, cockroaches, possibly one of the lowest things on the food chain, will survive the nuclear holocaust that we, as the dominant species, will bring upon ourselves.

"We have eradicated disease" - I only have one thing to say:

Last time I checked, we still have HIV/AIDS, Herpes, Polio, H1N1 and so many others, ones that I haven't even heard of. Really, where did you get that from?

"We have been in space" - The space shuttle program just got canceled for us Americans, meaning that the billions of tax dollars spent on giant rockets was just moot.

"And we're just awesome" - I'm not going to even justify that last phrase with a proper answer. Let me just say that we are not awesome and that you DO NOT want me to show you the sources for that line. Trust me.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Humanity is the yardstick by which humanity is judged. Therefore, it's at best, average, and at worst, is below average half the time, depending on how you look at it.

I'd also add that anyone complaining about humanity probably is human themselves, and hasn't killed themselves to rid the world of one of them humans.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
I actually agree with the OP... we are the first sentient beings on this world - (not counting the great race of Yith), we can contemplate ourselves and the universe, this has given rise to many great things. We posses the ability to understand... we have given rise to wondrous sciences, beauteous arts, and ponderous philosophies.

In reality, human nature is that above, what people focus on is our animal nature. It is instinct that twists our truly grand creations into the mundane and all to often atrocious examples listed by others.

guise709

Feb 2, 2010
I agree and it saddens me that people remain so unhealthy when today we know more about health then ever before, we should be the fittest generation not the fattest. Your a product of 6 billion years of evolution so take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself are you all you could be? You had ancestors who were Roman Centurians, Barbaric nomads, sailors of the sea, revolutionaries, aristocrats, poets, and so many more. So why are you slacking in the matters of health and fitness? Are you worthy of carrying on the genes of the human race and not the next step in our devolution? If civilization came crashing at the seems are you prepared to survive? One should experience a healthy body so they can at least see why it is such a great and empowring experience to be human. One should go out and explore the world wheter it is down the block or across the globe. You should prepare to love and lose and all so much more just to enjoy what it is to be human.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Sizzle Montyjing said:
We really are, aren't we?
We are the dominant species on this planet, we have eradicated disease, we have been in space and we are just awsome.

SO WHY DOES EVERYONE ACT LIKE WE'RE NOT!?

Discuss! (sorry it's brief but my brother is shouting at me)
Because parts of the world act like they are the only ones that deserve any of these things and are happy to shit on everyone else to maintain the status quo.