US senate committee on National Security and Government Affairs Report: Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impact on U.S. Government Policy an

LeonIncognito

Apr 22, 2020
Country
United States
Biden has become the progressive candidate nominated to the ticket by this point; his climate plan in particular is transformative and had much input from progressives.

Don't be cynical. Trump-lite he is not. Recall that half of Trump's Cabinet has resigned in disgrace by this point because of self-dealing and corruption. He has used the Executive to turn the country closer into a Banana Republic; pardoning, ending investigations of allies and using the DoJ to attack opponents and promote conspiracies.

If you're angry at the status quo, advocate. Don't go back into the shadows and be miserable.

Reactions: Tireseas

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Read the document, search for the areas by pasting phrases and finding it in the document. There are footnotes with the sources. Be your own journalist.
Hum looking around, none of the reputable source even mention this, beyond the usual "some republican are claiming X without evidence", only one I can find seems to be the same place that cover the ridiculous Hunter Biden laptop story from a few week back. Yeah this is just just another non sense accusation.

Reactions: Tireseas

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Looks like someone is pulling a Comey. Or does this qualify as a Benghazi hearing/committee instead? I've grown to be unsure of the terminology used when the US political apparatus decides to ratfuck candidates.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Gabbard was a pro-Russia, pro-Syria mouthpiece. Don't care about Hunter Biden. Biden's tax returns for 20+ years show no income from foreign companies, foreign countries, and no evidence or accusation of lying on his income sources.

Trump funnels millions of taxpayer dollars to his personal businesses to stay afloat and I fear that as an ex-president he'll take checks to make appearances in support of foreign strongmen to pay his debts. Even sell domestic intelligence as a "consultant" since there is no law preventing an ex-president from sharing information to whom they wish.
Gabbard wasn't bought and paid for, and was actually reasonable when it comes to foreign policy.
Family members are used to launder money and receive bribes, therefore not caring about Biden's family is, em, narrow-minded. I'm certain you don't care about Trump's family the same way.
Hum looking around, none of the reputable source even mention this, beyond the usual "some republican are claiming X without evidence", only one I can find seems to be the same place that cover the ridiculous Hunter Biden laptop story from a few week back. Yeah this is just just another non sense accusation.
"reputable source" don't want to mention this because they want Biden to win. Lies by omission.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I don't think the Republicans would try to impeach Biden.

Currently the Republicans are fanatically opposed to Biden not because anything Biden did, but because of their own lust for power. Biden is not a problematic candidate for them. He's a center right white male, with a history of being easy to work with for Republicans.

But if they get rid of Biden then they exchange an old white guy for Kamala Harris. A president who's both black and a woman? That's the Republican's nightmare scenario. We saw how extreme they became merely because Obama was black so a Kamala presidency would be something that keeps them up at night.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
"reputable source" don't want to mention this because they want Biden to win. Lies by omission.
Right, as opposed to the absolutely impartial Republican Ron Johnson and Republican Chuck Grassley.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I don't think the Republicans would try to impeach Biden.

Currently the Republicans are fanatically opposed to Biden not because anything Biden did, but because of their own lust for power. Biden is not a problematic candidate for them. He's a center right white male, with a history of being easy to work with for Republicans.

But if they get rid of Biden then they exchange an old white guy for Kamala Harris. A president who's both black and a woman? That's the Republican's nightmare scenario. We saw how extreme they became merely because Obama was black so a Kamala presidency would be something that keeps them up at night.
Republicans will not impeach Biden. DEMOCRATS will do it.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ah, so everything will go as they wanted and Harris will become president. Won't even need to draw out his mental decline to make the bait and switch less obvious.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Biden's lead is dropping as we speak.

That's largely due to Trump winning back some support from non-declared voters. Biden's support is still at 52% average; that's within 0.5% of his max recorded (on Oct 19).

If we look at this point in time from past elections:
And here's a poll showing the national average lead 3 days to Election Day:

Biden +8.6 is 130% the largest lead (Obama 2008) since at least 2000.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
But Tucker Carlson has documents! But then his dog ate it.....and then threw it up.....

Reactions: Agema

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
But Tucker Carlson has documents! But then his dog ate it.....and then threw it up.....
Wait... are those different from the ones that had their "only copy" shipped cross-country only to arrive as an empty (and still sealed) box?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Wait... are those different from the ones that had their "only copy" shipped cross-country only to arrive as an empty (and still sealed) box?
Yep. Which he apparently "Found" and it turns out he made a copy of(but originally he didn't) and we still haven't seen them because reasons.

I swear it sounds like Tucker Carlson is trying to write a shitty spy novel and he's using his show to gauge reaction to the plot "twists". I'm waiting for the one where Hillary killed the UPS guy personally via garrot, took the docs, resealed the package altered them and then put them back to make him look stupid. And the Obama does something non-white and unamerican like peeing on an American flag while shouting in arabic because ya gotta have something for the kiddies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Biden's lead is dropping as we speak.
Yep. At this rate, on election day, his lead will be "only" eight points. Devastating, I'm sure.

Yeah. Can you believe that? If true, this means that Fox News - a major and supposedly professional journalistic outlet - is admitting it's too incompetent to ensure that it can safely handle important information. Nobody thought to make copies, or scan them and send a .pdf? Just sent these dynamite claims pretty much through basic mail? Really?

UPS had admitted that it lost the package: so something indeed got lost. However, news reports also show that UPS promptly searched, found the missing contents, and sent them on to Fox - I can find an article saying so timestamped 17:00 GMT Thursday (which would be what, ~07:00 LA time?). Carlson presents on weekdays, so his team surely got the package in time for the Friday if not the Thursday show. Anything?

In fact, Carlson announced it's time leave Hunter Biden alone. So we might conclude that package had nothing - or at least, nothing that wasn't already public domain.