Use Your iPhone to Create a Girlfriend

Captain Booyah

Apr 19, 2010
'Relationships. There's an app for that.'

OT: This is actually kind of more sad than disturbing. (Though it's got plenty of that too.) But...really? I mean, really? People are this socially awkward nowadays that they think a bunch of pixels on a screen is any kind of substitute...? Weird, just weird.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Stealing girls from your friends?

That sounds...dirty.
I wish I had Jessies Phone, danun nun na nun, I wish I had Jessies Phone, da nun na nun nun! Where can I find a woman like that!

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
As much as I would prefer getting a real girlfriend, I must admit, that sounds very interesting to me. I could just imagine the conversations people will have about this.

Person A: "Hey, I heard you found a girlfriend, how did you meet her?"

Person B "I got her off a rake in the hardware aisle."

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Korolev said:
Oh jeez..... I feel sorry for young japanese kids - they are clearly growing up in a warped culture. Japan is going through a rough spot these days, and while we don't want them to revert back to the bad-old days of militarism and rigid societal laws, jeez they really need to find another vent for their, uh, "frustrations" other than 2D pretend girls.
And how is the western culture any better? We might even be worse.

But I don't like these games that the japanese keep comming with I really don't understand them...Why not get a real woman?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
man Japan thinks of everything for your average socially repressed shut in...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Oh god...now thats something I could see happening with some pervs, bring a whole new meaning to shopping though O.O

Dosnt surprise me the Japs made it

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Ahlycks said:
Andronicus said:
The technology and programming sounds fantastic. They seriously couldn't think of a better purpose for it though?
yeah, thats what i could not help but feeling.

hey, am i the only one who saw this and thought of that one cheap bar code monsters game (or something like that) that no one bought but commercials were on for every ten minuets?
That was the first thing that came to my mind, which made it a little irritating as people proclaim it's some kind of new innovative technology when basically instead of a random pixellated monsters you get a girlfriendz.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Oh, Japan, you quirky little bastard, what is going on over there?

Ahlycks said:
hey, am i the only one who saw this and thought of that one cheap bar code monsters game (or something like that) that no one bought but commercials were on for every ten minuets?
Hey! I bought two of those! They were awesome!

Kingstome

Aug 7, 2010
Everyone is complaining about how creepy this is, but lets be honest for a second. Coming from Japan, this is just a very minor form of creepy. I dare say this is significantly less creepy than anything else I've seen out of Japan lately.

I mean come on, they are Japanese, you are very lucky the word tentacle was not involved...

Oh dear, I might have given them an idea... God help us all.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
I think one of my friends actually has an old iphone, I wonder if I would actually be able to download this in the states.