Username Origins

rosemystica

Jan 24, 2010
Rozen Maiden.

DESU~~

(Yeah, I know it's supposed to be "RosA Mystica," but I liked "RosE Mystica" better.)

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
Ooooh, my username kinda goes way back.

I started using Spectre4802 when I was... jeez, must've been ten or eleven. Using it for at the very least five years now, probably longer.

Apr 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure I already mentioned this somewhere, but what the heck. Superman, Batman, Power Ranger. Get it? Got it? Good.

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
In a conversation, I once said "I'm a dork". The person laughed and told me, since I was a girl, I was clearly a dorkette. And since then, someone has always taken that username, so I tack on my birth year, because I'm awesome and clever. Ah yeeeeeah.

ICs2Xist

Aug 30, 2009
Recreational philosophy on the idea of the existence of nonexistence + the idea of someone's name being Isis Toogzist + the realization that it can be heavily abbreviated = I Cs 2 Xist :D

Mishearing my sister say "cobra snake" + thinking (and saying) that it would be a good username (and getting called a nerd) = hobosnake

An odd, inside joke I can't remember the reason for = ilikecrunchywater

Just plain awesomeness mashed together = cyberferociousplatypus

Silas (my name) -> sillas (spanish word for chairs) -> chair + the fact that I used to use "garg" as a substitute swear word = Throne the Garginator

I've come up with some other decent ones but they've been rpg-specific (and typically only "good" in that they were appropriate yet not taken).

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
My camp name is Primo, and in many games I used to be known as The Pro. The fit together quite well. My old name was FlshrImp. Flshr, like Flasher, the one who uses flash, Imp. Imp. You know, Imp.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
It was my grandfathers middle name, it mean "new Ireland". I adopted it my gamer/net tag because I thought it sounded cool.

Its pronounced A-thol

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
Mine doesn't mean anything. I'm not exactly sure why I chose it, it just sounded cool to me I guess.