Username Origins

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
It's my Gamertag (with space in the right places), my steam account, the names of all of my GCSE computing coursework and often the name of my main character on RPGs. Where does it come from?

A cool sounding nickname from Year 8-9 that is vaguely similar to my name (first initial = same) and was the first thing that popped into my mind when I wanted to change my gamertag.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm sure I've explained this a few times before, it's what I came up with one day when I tried to imagine what a Canadian Transfermer, ie a Transformer with a personality like Bob and/or Doug McKenzie and transforms into something winter related such as a snow mobile or a Zamboni. Incidentally I settled on the Zamboni.

no one really

Nov 18, 2009
Nowhere, really. I just got it to screw over the system messages, like: "No one really added you as their friends" or "No one really wins"...

no one really

Nov 18, 2009
poiumty said:
This was my try at writing a name that will never be taken on any site.

Essentially, i looked at some buttons and pushed them. Mostly the ones on the 4th keyboard row from the bottom. The result is a silly username that has the benefit of being so random it's original.
It sounds like "pointy" Random smashing of a keybord that reveals a recemblance to a random word CAN'T be a coincidence. Can it?

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
I needed to come up with a username that I could use everywhere, so I just changed the name of the god-eating wolf of Norse mythology (Fenrir) a little.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Veylon was meant to be a recurring rival for my players in a Star Wars Roleplaying campaign. Sort of an annoying hotshot pilot. He showed up...once?

Anyway, I adopted the name after Cyber and Evans were too generic. I punched it into Google a few years back and found I pretty much had it to myself. So I'm Veylon now.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
oreopizza47 said:
A mish-mash of random words for a Runescape account (my first contact with username-required sites) which turned out too long. What you see before you is what remained after shortening. And it has nothing to do with an actual Oreo Pizza. The 47 has no meaning either, though I could say it was because of Hitman... if I had played Hitman before making it.
My username was also first used for a Runescape character. Now I use it for everything, that or kkjlj. In the novel Cat's Cradle a substance called Ice-9 (a fictional representation of the actual material) was an important part of the plot. When I tried to use it as a name on Runescape I discovered it had already been taken so I changed it to something similar, Snownine!

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
He's a major character that I play in every single campaign ever. Generally a fire-based caster. I plan to revisit him soon in 4th ed.

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
I just liked rune, a symbol of power. In an attempt to make it different I added an interesting number to the end. The Escapist isn't the first or last place I've used this name, it's kinda my name for everything.

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
My name is David Griffin, and I try to get something similar to that on things I register on, but that's a pretty common name. Replace the f's with ph's and I can generally get Griphphin as a username anywhere, and if not DavidGriphphin is never taken.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
It's a more effective version of my old nick Ben Bazooka.

My real name's nowhere even close to Ben, but I do like it. Obviously.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
I thought it sounded cool a few years ago when I was 13, and I haven't been bothered to/cant think of anything better to change it to.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I was trying to think of a name around the time I started playing Sam & Max. For those who don't know, they're Freelance Police.
At that time, there was also a running joke that I was going to grow up to be a butler and probably murder someone in a detective thriller.

So yeah. "ButlerPolice" sounded a bit silly, so I went with "FreelanceButler".