Using your nostalgia glasses, what is your favorite game?

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Oh god.

This'll be really hard.

Super Meat Boy, Morrowind, Borderlands, TF2, Trackmania United Forever. Can I choose five? Please?

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
That Gamecube James Bond game, i think it was Nightfire, it had a laser cannon thing called the samurai. I rememeber playing that with my Saudi Arabian friend in his condopartment along with some ps2 bond game and some other stuff. Good times. Me and him and his brother would always play with the 'sniper' weapon-set where we had good snipers, smg, the laser thing and i think the golden gun. If someone can find an emulator and online play i will hug you.

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
B-17 Flying fortress 2. Such an incredibly steep learning curve, that actually hitting a target is immensely satisfying! Still a great game now.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Shadows of the Empire-Dash Rendar is awesome
Rogue Squadron-I loved every bit of that game
Ehrgeiz Quest Mode

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Final Fantasy VII. I still think its a great game, but I think it is some increadibly strong characters mixed with some great evolutions of storytelling paired with...rather horrid gameplay. I no longer think its the greatest game ever, forever.

Also, Urban Assault (Woo obscure games!) Came for free with my families first computer, and because of that, it BLEW MY MIND.

Though technically, the real answer would be Magic: The Gathering. In High School, I played Magic like it was my job.

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
Ultima VII: The Black Gate. I honestly don't know if that's with my nostalgia glasses on or off, but I loved that game.

XavierMcV

Nov 30, 2007
Nulmas said:
I think I have to say it would be Illusion of Gaia/Illusion of Time, an action RPG for the SNES from 1994.

It completely blew my mind back then :)
I love that game. The mood in some parts of the game is just great. It still moves me today.

My favourite game, though, is Secret of Mana.
Still play it from time to time, and I've just taken my D&D-players through a fun campaign based on the game. :)

Duke Nukem 3D comes a close second. I've spent countless hours building my own levels and campaigns for the game. Some of my friends did the same, and we kept bulding levels to challenge each other. I'm playing the original episodes again now, staying away from secret areas to increase the challenge, and I'm still having a lot of fun with good old Duke.

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
Descent, Incoming, X-wing vs Tie Fighter and MECHWARRIOR 2!!! i played that game so much it's not even funny. And the demo for System Shock 2. That was scariest game for me when i was a kid.

Lissa-QUON

Jun 22, 2009
Hrm I'd have to say my favorites from when I younger were Warcraft 2 (I actually didn't like 3) and Baldurs Gate 2.

Now? Mass Effect franchise I think, though TF2 has eaten my brain lately. So addicting.

Ducktard

Aug 9, 2010
Black & White
With or without glasses..

I never managed to play trough it or anything, but I always loved it anyways because of the creatures and my endless effort to be nice even though the game made me evil whatever I did...

And I can still play it and have fun. Some day, I will get trough it...

MazunatheMan

Apr 4, 2010
Lego Racers for N64, because it was my first game, not the first game I played but MY first game, not my brother's, mine. Sad I had to go to school on my birthday, longest school day of my life that was.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
there are very few games that have a long "Lifetime" nowadays, and i'm actually wanting more retro looking games like Baldur's Gate 2.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Toejam and Earl.

Loved that game.

Or Zork, still have the floppy disks for that somewhere.