Uwe Boll

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
From my lurking and postings here, ive gathered that a large part of the population of the Escapist hate his movies, and i know the haters of Uwe Bolls movies will be glad to hear that he will stop making movies.
The problem is we need 1,000,000 to sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?RRH53888
Also proof that he will stop making movies if we reach 1mil:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/06/uwe-boll-will-quit-making-movies-with-one-million-signatures/

Now sign dammit!

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
What we need to do is lure him into a dick-waving contest with Frank Miller, then the lock the door and cut off the air supply to the room. After a couple days, we give them to Rob Zombie so that he can make a sequel, "House of 1002 Corpses."

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Honestly, making a petition to telling him to stop is about as pointless as it is rude. If you want him to stop making movies just hope that people dont watch them.

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
TheNecroswanson said:
We've already been through this Sib. About a week ago or so. We already know he has absolutely no intention to quit no matter how many names get typed.
oh sorry, i really should have searched...

Meshakhad_v1legacy

Feb 20, 2008
Actually, I have another idea. Get him to make a movie based on "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing". Then sic the UN Human Rights Commission on him, assuming they survived the film.

scoHish

Mar 27, 2008
Gotta hand it to that man, he is one determined sonofabitch. If half-star out of 5 ratings and horrible reviews for every movie he's made hasnt stopped him, then i dont think an internet petition is gunna stop him.

Dark Shroud

Mar 18, 2008
stompy said:
Maybe people need to stop watching his movies...?
People don't watch his movies. The problem is that he keeps getting investments to make these pieces of garbage. It doesn't matter how many people tell him he's a horrible director and that every film he's made has bombed he keeps doing this. Then he blames it on everyone else that his movie(s) failed. His last movie was such a bomb that Hollywood at least won't give him anymore money. Now if only the German Government would finish closing up the tax law that he uses for his investments.

cyber95

Feb 28, 2008
Not watching his movies isn't gonna do anything. I'm sure he's said at some point that he doesn't care how poorly he does, he's just gonna keep making them for fun.

Dark Shroud

Mar 18, 2008
mshcherbatskaya, what do you have against Frank Miller? Especially considering Rob Zombie's Halloween remake was seriously lacking.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
cyber95 said:
Not watching his movies isn't gonna do anything. I'm sure he's said at some point that he doesn't care how poorly he does, he's just gonna keep making them for fun.
Hmm, in that case, perhaps we should adopt Yahtzee's attitude towards JRPGs. Uwe Boll can suck as much as he likes and we can watch something else.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Dark Shroud said:
mshcherbatskaya, what do you have against Frank Miller?
Nothing aside from the fact that he's a sexist bullshit-spewing hack whose art makes my eyes bleed. In my humble opinion, of course. And no, "House of a Thousand Corpses" was not particularly good, which I think adds an ironic spin to the whole thing, don't you?

Action_Bastard

Feb 20, 2008
Maybe if we ask him nicely, he will make a peggle movie. All he has to do is target the stoners and the half-life fans an he will make millions.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
An easier thing to do would be not to watch his movies, but hey he said "one million" - and if he wants a million, THEN A MILLION HE WILL GET!

Also, how come no one made a petition to get rid of those "Scary movie" or "superhero movie" or "Epic Movie" or "meet the spartans", etc. etc.? I'd rather get rid of them than Uwe, at least Uwe bolls movies are like, hilariously bad...in a way...