Uzaki-proportioned existent woman comments on the ongoing controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
We had a movie on it. It's called BIG. It's pretty fucked up
Only this one is worse than Big because her head and height is 4 too. It would be like Big, but the only part of Tom Hanks that is a man is his hairy chest while he still has the head, brain and height of a kid. How frightening is that? D:

And people have a problem with why I don't see that as sexy? LOL

The worst part about this for me is it is pretty personally insulting to me as a woman. I relate to attributes of the characters they portray. I have seen guys view me in this cartoonish sort of way in real life. It isn't funny, it is pretty gross tbh. I am short. I have a heartshaped face and large eyes, and " busty". When I first saw anime characters it honestly felt like they were making fun of people like me by portraying girls like me as stupid, naive and child like by giving them these absurd personalities and that is what they ARE actually doing here. I have had men tell me that I am "just so cute" and give me Bullshit excuses about how they "couldn't help themselves" when they literally touched my body without permission and picked me up and started carrying me around like it is funny or some shit when I just want to taser them and call the cops. When they tell me I am " like a little feisty doll" or " Damn girl, you are all tits and ass" and other seriously F'd up BS like that is somehow a compliment or something when it makes me feel like puking on them instead. They do not realize this is not funny or cute to the woman they are doing it do. It isn't sexy for me, and I love sex so it has nothing to do with that either. It has everything to do with viewing women as cute little girls, or child like or like a toy to play with or something. It is just messed up tbh and yea it pretty much pisses me off they think that is is okay to view/ treat women like that at all really. I was actually raped by a man as a kid, and for guys to find that sexy at all just gets under my skin in a way it is difficult to describe without thoughts involving extreme pain for them.

Last edited:

Izanagi009

Legacy
May 7, 2020
Country
United States
This is why I'm glad I'm not into anime anymore.

Thank God I'm not familiar with this character. Truly, thank the Lord.
I find that amusing seeing as we have had anime discussion in the past

As for the topic itself, I'm with Devils x on this one. I really don't understand why the "clumsy or childish is sexy" thing exists. It feels far too pervasive and systemic in anime at this rate to be a one off thing. Frankly, I find this to be another thing in a massive pile of systemic issues anime has

Edit:
Only this one is worse than Big because her head and height is 4 too. It would be like Big, but the only part of Tom Hanks that is a man is his hairy chest while he still has the head, brain and height of a kid. How frightening is that? D:

The worst part about this for me is it is pretty personally insulting to me as a woman. I relate to attributes of the characters they portray. I have seen guys view me in this cartoonish sort of way in real life. It isn't funny, it is pretty gross tbh. I am short. I have a heartshaped face and large eyes, and " busty". When I first saw anime characters it honestly felt like they were making fun of people like me by portraying girls like me as stupid, naive and child like by giving them these absurd personalities and that is what they ARE actually doing here. I have had men tell me that I am "just so cute" and give me Bullshit excuses about how they "couldn't help themselves" when they literally touched my body without permission and picked me up and started carrying me around like it is funny or some shit when I just want to taser them and call the cops. When they tell me I am " like a little feisty doll" or " Damn girl, you are all tits and ass" and other seriously F'd up BS like that is somehow a compliment or something when it makes me feel like puking on them instead. They do not realize this is not funny or cute to the woman they are doing it do. It isn't sexy for me, and I love sex so it has nothing to do with that either. It has everything to do with viewing women as cute little girls, or child like or like a toy to play with or something. It is just messed up tbh and yea it pretty much pisses me off they think that is is okay to view/ treat women like that at all really. I was actually raped by a man as a kid, and for guys to find that sexy at all just gets under my skin in a way it is difficult to describe without thoughts involving extreme pain for them.
Yeah, i honestly was only apporaching this from the point of view of "childishness isn't sexy" but yeah, given what you say. it's a big issue

I really do think the anime industry and community has major issues to deal with

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

So, there's just a simple thing here.

Touching or picking up (or raping as a kid) = no good!

Thinking of as cute and a bundle of bouncy goodness = great!

Expressing your thoughts crudely = not advisable but should be tolerated, just tell the dude it's not cool

The issue is that those people have no manners and no respect for people's bodily autonomy, not that they think of women like you like they do anime chars. Anime doesn't make you suddenly become a groper or a rude asshole.

I get it's hard for you to divorce the two impressions because yeah if someone is into you they will likely be carrying with them that view but you really should if you care about being fair, though I admit with your past you don't really need to. Just agree to disagree and move on.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
From the little research I've done on this show, I think it's reasonable that the Japanese Culture produced this show and has little to no issues with what it portrays.

Don't misunderstand what I mean, by the way. I understand why Japan would make this show and find it acceptable simply because the overall climate about how Japan views sex would find this type of media ok to begin with. Due to cultural differences, I find a lot of anime distasteful now. I do not find the constant back and forth of 'comical' oversexualized predators perving on innocent, doe eyed "Ingenue" who mostly seem helpless at the idea of sex.

Think about the mindset of sex in a Culture where women who are reincarnations of Warrior Priestesses, Pilot Mecha brimming with high tech weaponry, and any over similarly beyond human character types... become scared, unsure maidens so frightened by the idea of sex that they are almost rendered helpless.

Yeah, yeah, not every anime. But enough that the trope is indelibly intertwined with the zeitgeist of the media.

This character almost perfectly mirrors the seemingly prevailing attitude with sex in stereotypical Japanese Culture.

"Breasts are sex, right? Add them. And want for sex is more of a male thing. Guys want sex, girls have other things on their minds. Make her devoid of sexual desire. But make her a good woman, so when it's time to perform the sexual reward, she will do it out of a kindness in her heart and a duty to the man she will devote herself to. But to be sexy, she has to be pure. So the man who wins her gets the most virtuous prize. The one that only he will get. That will make it so much more special for him when he finally wins.

Also, nothing but her body can invite the need for sex. So make her appealing while never asking for it. Because like we said before, she's pure. So she can never ask for it?

What? Make her kid like? Brilliant."

For the most part, I've given up on Anime. The sexual parts makes me uneasy. Even the article that was linked to this character did not have one picture of the woman in question as a person. For almost every shot, Kaho Shibuya's bust is literally the centerpoint of every shot. And then she tries to conflate the debates as they are both the same thing. Shibuya-san is correct that not all women are average and below proportionated. As a male, I'm not average and below proportioned myself. I am decently tall, I work out quite a bit (moved a damn house by myself so thank God for that), and I have a naturally big chest and arms.

But the divergence between the debates arises when it comes to portrayal. I'm not posing every five seconds like Major Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist. Nor are busty women unaware of their bodies or posing and jiggling every five seconds because... well, that's just what happens when you have big breasts.

I get that it's humor not meant for me, but that doesn't preclude me from having an opinion about it. I might even taken Shibuya-san's point more if one or two pictures were submitted as her as a person behind the character. But since that wasn't possible, her suggestive poses cemented the idea that this Uzaki just about her sexual appeal.

Juxtapose, the one anime I still do love is Konosuba. Darkness is busty. The only person who constantly calls this up is Kazama, a pervert. And more over, Darkness owns her sexuality as a masochist 100%. She's aware of her body and her as a sexual entity. In a time before formal education, in a different world than modern Japan.

Once again, I get it. Uzaki is wish fulfillment. Just not my wish.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
From the little research I've done on this show, I think it's reasonable that the Japanese Culture produced this show and has little to no issues with what it portrays.

Don't misunderstand what I mean, by the way. I understand why Japan would make this show and find it acceptable simply because the overall climate about how Japan views sex would find this type of media ok to begin with. Due to cultural differences, I find a lot of anime distasteful now. I do not find the constant back and forth of 'comical' oversexualized predators perving on innocent, doe eyed "Ingenue" who mostly seem helpless at the idea of sex.

Think about the mindset of sex in a Culture where women who are reincarnations of Warrior Priestesses, Pilot Mecha brimming with high tech weaponry, and any over similarly beyond human character types... become scared, unsure maidens so frightened by the idea of sex that they are almost rendered helpless.

Yeah, yeah, not every anime. But enough that the trope is indelibly intertwined with the zeitgeist of the media.

This character almost perfectly mirrors the seemingly prevailing attitude with sex in stereotypical Japanese Culture.

"Breasts are sex, right? Add them. And want for sex is more of a male thing. Guys want sex, girls have other things on their minds. Make her devoid of sexual desire. But make her a good woman, so when it's time to perform the sexual reward, she will do it out of a kindness in her heart and a duty to the man she will devote herself to. But to be sexy, she has to be pure. So the man who wins her gets the most virtuous prize. The one that only he will get. That will make it so much more special for him when he finally wins.

Also, nothing but her body can invite the need for sex. So make her appealing while never asking for it. Because like we said before, she's pure. So she can never ask for it?

What? Make her kid like? Brilliant."

For the most part, I've given up on Anime. The sexual parts makes me uneasy. Even the article that was linked to this character did not have one picture of the woman in question as a person. For almost every shot, Kaho Shibuya's bust is literally the centerpoint of every shot. And then she tries to conflate the debates as they are both the same thing. Shibuya-san is correct that not all women are average and below proportionated. As a male, I'm not average and below proportioned myself. I am decently tall, I work out quite a bit (moved a damn house by myself so thank God for that), and I have a naturally big chest and arms.

But the divergence between the debates arises when it comes to portrayal. I'm not posing every five seconds like Major Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist. Nor are busty women unaware of their bodies or posing and jiggling every five seconds because... well, that's just what happens when you have big breasts.

I get that it's humor not meant for me, but that doesn't preclude me from having an opinion about it. I might even taken Shibuya-san's point more if one or two pictures were submitted as her as a person behind the character. But since that wasn't possible, her suggestive poses cemented the idea that this Uzaki just about her sexual appeal.

Juxtapose, the one anime I still do love is Konosuba. Darkness is busty. The only person who constantly calls this up is Kazama, a pervert. And more over, Darkness owns her sexuality as a masochist 100%. She's aware of her body and her as a sexual entity. In a time before formal education, in a different world than modern Japan.

Once again, I get it. Uzaki is wish fulfillment. Just not my wish.
The thing you're taking great pains to describe has a two word name: Yamato Nadeshiko. Look it up for a large history into why it is a thing, it's pretty interesting stuff.

It's basically the ideal view of a good woman in Japanese culture. And yeah of course it'll be present in anime too, and with modernity it will be expanded upon.

Also no, you may wanna reread the article, she talks about how she was just dressing casually and not even intending it as a cosplay at first.

Also, I'll say anime has way more chars which can move a house by themselves than it does chars like Uzaki. As someone who had to carry a huge lazyboy chair up some damn narrow stairs when I was moving my own house a couple years back, I don't mind this one bit XD.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
For the most part, I've given up on Anime. The sexual parts makes me uneasy.
Going a bit tangential, but one of my favorite animes when I was a kid (stopped liking anime around my late teens) was Project A-ko, and scanning through this thread reminded me a lot of it, and in looking back as an adult today... it was pretty disturbing.

The details are a bit fuzzy, but high-level: A-ko is a inexplicably super powered, 16-year-old girl with a constant companion in C-ko, also 16, but with the apparent mental capacity of about a 6-year-old. The two are constantly plagued by B-ko, another 16-year-old girl, a rich genius whose sole drive is to defeat A-ko and get C-ko for herself for highly-suggested "romantic" purposes. Each day, B-ko wakes up late for school, grabs C-ko, and races at super speed to beat the school bell only to find C-ko in a huge mech suit blocking the way and challenging them. They fight, A-ko wins, and she and C-ko are inexorably late for school. As a kid, I thought it was funny, and the animation pretty incredible (think late '80s anime.) As and adult? Not so much. There was even nudity of these girls; IIRC there was a scene with B-ko nude in a tub, presumably masturbating whist thinking of C-ko.

I don't pretend to understand Japanese culture, or if it upholds any sexual taboos, and I'm not generalizing "ALL" Japanese culture, but there are clearly parts of it above my ethical pay grade; I can see why it might attract a lot of Westerners.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
The thing you're taking great pains to describe has a two word name: Yamato Nadeshiko. Look it up for a large history into why it is a thing, it's pretty interesting stuff.

It's basically the ideal view of a good woman in Japanese culture. And yeah of course it'll be present in anime too, and with modernity it will be expanded upon.

Also no, you may wanna reread the article, she talks about how she was just dressing casually and not even intending it as a cosplay at first.

Also, I'll say anime has way more chars which can move a house by themselves than it does chars like Uzaki. As someone who had to carry a huge lazyboy chair up some damn narrow stairs when I was moving my own house a couple years back, I don't mind this one bit XD.
Actually, that's just one aspect of the stereotype.

We got Tsundere, there's the person who can't admit their feelings but usually will acquiesce and let his or her interest have their way once the resistance is finished.

We have the airhead characters, who normally don't actually end up with someone, but makes up for lack of main character interest in increases of Bra sizes. But every once and again, she's... brought into maturity with the lead's touch. I'm letting it go there.

Childhood Friend, Genki Girl, Mini-Moe (which I actually think Uzaki is really more of), etc... they all usually lead to the same thing.

Innocent and pure until Main character shows interest, and then she becomes willing to please.

I read the article. I'm specifically talking about the pictures they chose. For most people, it would be more easy to relate to Shibuya-san as a person if they showed her as a person, instead of just having her do sexualized Uzaki Poses.

It's kind of how like when they do interviews with Ryan Reynolds for Deadpool, they don't just take pictures of him in the Deadpool costume.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Innocent and pure until Main character shows interest, and then she becomes willing to please.
None of those, especially not tsundere, and possibly only with the exception of airheads, are necessarily "innocent and pure". A typical tsundere skit would be something like "What are you interested in me? Are you looking at me? Gross! Pervert! Go die!" The tsundere is normally aware of the effect she has on people. She deliberately misinterprets actions in a way that casts the subject of her desire in worst possible (often perverted) light. That's where the humor is derived from.

Last edited:

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I do hope your joking.
Women protective of children seething at people sexualizing children and traits associated with children would be a more accurate statement. It is more of a " protective" response than a " jealous one". I don't have an issue with the character's body, like I said I do not view her body as abnormal. Hell porn is awesome too but I take issue with her being portrayed as child like, naive and ignorant. If they had her portrayed as an actual woman and not a kid aware of her own body, there would be no issue here, it is just the trend of sexualizing children that is seriously whack here. A girl not being aware of her own body = child or mentally handicapped. That isn't sexy. That is someone who you protect instead.
See:
I don't understand the driving force behind this. Is it breast envy?

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
Yea, that must be it. You're getting as bad as houseman these days. I miss when you were chill b4 you went into IDF and hit your head somewhere or something. * is deciding if it's even worth responding to your posts anymore*

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yea, that must be it. You're getting as bad as houseman these days. I miss when you were chill b4 you went into IDF and hit your head somewhere or something. * is deciding if it's even worth responding to your posts anymore*
I got hit in the head with a lot with rocks
I hope you didn't get insulted by this. I'm sorry I'm too hard on you. I geniunly think you judge things you don't understand and are basically equivalent to this hysterical outrage:

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I got hit in the head with a lot with rocks
I hope you didn't get insulted by this. I'm sorry I'm too hard on you. I geniunly think you judge things you don't understand and are basically equivalent to this hysterical outrage:
... Dude, what are you trying to accomplish here?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I think the outrage is ridiculous and misdirected.
And you know what? Stating something as such gives more credence to your opinion than anything else. Even if I don't agree with what you're saying about Lil's position.

But it's how you presented that gives me pause. You suggest you don't want Lil not to be insulted, but then you post a meme of a character known for being hysterical.

It would be like if I told you not to get insulted by my feelings about you, and then put up a meme of an Edgelord or Budnick from "Salute Your Shorts" or anything that was designed to be a mockery. Are you lying about not wanting to be insulting? Because that's how it seems. Like you want to get your insult in and then try to have plausible deniability if Lil didn't act in anything but a positive way because you said "I hope you are not insulted by this".

At most, this is seeming like a really unsuccessful troll. And if it is a troll, why make it so blatant? Again, I'm trying to understand what you're accomplishing by making it so bare?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
And you know what? Stating something as such gives more credence to your opinion than anything else. Even if I don't agree with what you're saying about Lil's position.

But it's how you presented that gives me pause. You suggest you don't want Lil not to be insulted, but then you post a meme of a character known for being hysterical.

It would be like if I told you not to get insulted by my feelings about you, and then put up a meme of an Edgelord or Budnick from "Salute Your Shorts" or anything that was designed to be a mockery. Are you lying about not wanting to be insulting? Because that's how it seems. Like you want to get your insult in and then try to have plausible deniability if Lil didn't act in anything but a positive way because you said "I hope you are not insulted by this".

At most, this is seeming like a really unsuccessful troll. And if it is a troll, why make it so blatant? Again, I'm trying to understand what you're accomplishing by making it so bare?
I am very much unaware of this. Not a troll. I didn't connect hysterical with woman in my heard. I'm not connected with PC, It's hard for me to filter. Again I meant no offense.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Okay, so Lil calling everyone cretins and pedophiles is okay, but comparing someone to a Simpsons character is going too far, and is just a blatant troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.