V

Stinovitch

Apr 23, 2013
Last week the serie V (2009) started airing in my country (they always air series late in my country) and the trailers they showed made me interested enough to watch it. They have aired 2 episodes now, but I was pretty bored watching them. The first episode was ok, it piqued enough interest for me to watch the next episode. The second episode however bored the hell out of me. I just didn't liked the episode at all, it was dull and nothing happened. And I could predict the ending like at the start of the episode, so yeah... Anyway I'm wondering if it gets any better. I like the concept, but if all the other episodes are the same like the second one then I think I'm going to pass. So, is V worth watching or should I find another TV serie to watch on a sunday evening?

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
V is pretty good near the end of the first season, and I love the hell out of the second season with a very interesting and twisting second season finale. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to save the show and it was not renewed for a third season. The show is a bit slow at first, I'll agree, but once you get into it you may fall in love with it. You begin to see how deeply paranoia can go in a person in the mistrust of the V's and how dark people will go to protect what they believe is right.

All in all, give it more time. While you will definitely begin to enjoy the second season, I won't suggest having to surge through the first if it's boring you already. Hope you give it another chance!

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I was not a big fan. It started off strong, I'll admit, and I found a lot of things about it enjoyable, but what really got me was the pacing. There'd be a cliffhanger or major event or big reveal that was supposed to change EVERYTHING, but then by the next episode something would contradict that and it'd be back to normal.
There's multiple episodes that end with uplifting speeches or people going "It's time to finally strike back against them!", but nothing would ever come of it.

There's some really cool stuff they did, but a lot of it was ruined by everything else.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I assume you are talking about Vikings and well I was watching it with friends a week ago and I found myself enjoying it quite a bit. The filmography was good, the acting was solid, writing was good I didn't see any major issues with it. Maybe the pacing might have been a bit on the slower side but that has never been something that bothered me.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
aba1 said:
I assume you are talking about Vikings and well I was watching it with friends a week ago and I found myself enjoying it quite a bit. The filmography was good, the acting was solid, writing was good I didn't see any major issues with it. Maybe the pacing might have been a bit on the slower side but that has never been something that bothered me.
He isn't talking about Vikings. There's an actual show called V.

Haven't seen it myself, but wanted to clear that up.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Ferisar said:
aba1 said:
He isn't talking about Vikings. There's an actual show called V.

Haven't seen it myself, but wanted to clear that up.
Ohhh ok thanks for the heads up good to know ^^

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
show had potential but was cancelled before fully realized
do not watch if you like resolution in your media

80sboy

May 23, 2013
I still prefer the mini-series that came out in the 80s. It's at least memorable for how cheesy it was.

:p

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Got to a point where it started preaching at me, stopped watching.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
80sboy said:
I still prefer the mini-series that came out in the 80s. It's at least memorable for how cheesy it was.

:p
Baby lizard monsters and Michael Ironside...

Nothing beats that.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
It was pretty good for a while, some interesting ideas. Shame they were never realised.

However, I believe the one you're talking about is actually a remake/reboot. I think the original actually did make it to the intended end, if you can track it down. Of course, the effects are rather...retro, but as far as I've heard, it's pretty good.