Vaas Montenegro must be the sexiest videogames male character.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
... Really? Even when Geralt of Rivia exists? (Granted, that was in the first Witcher game. Y'know, before they got rid of his chest hair.)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Vault101 said:
Darken12 said:
*shrug* This is pretty tame, when you look at the big picture. *cough*50 Shades*cough*rape fan fiction*cough*
nothing surprises me....there are many "harley quins" out there (as in I want to fuck the joker)

interestingly Nchick (online reveiwer) did a "top ten hottest animated guys" video..you know who made the list

Frollo

as in

I'm so sexually repressed I'm gonna burn the *****! and burn down the whole city!!

we're all crazy...

... Jesus fucking Christ. I haven't watched that since I was about 5. I'm surprised they didn't just make a montage of rockets launching and things exploding.

Sep 15, 2012
Loonyyy said:
Kellogs Fried Chickn said:
Loonyyy said:
Michael Mando's delivery is just amazing. Seriously, it's just completely hypnotic.

Sure he's a violent, sadistic, and very insane thug, but every word he says is entrancing, and he just takes over every scene he's in. There's a reason people went nuts over the insanity speech. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
He did not display any signs of sadism, if anything killing just made him apathetic, like a chore.
Oh? Shooting your brother through the throat at close range (Which is much harder than the body, or even head) isn't sadistic? Trying to burn you alive isn't sadistic? The torture series starring Michael Mando (Really excellent, funny, black, bleak, and charming as hell) wasn't sadistic? Vaas is sadistic. That's a base element of his character, frequently explored in the game, and surrounding materials.

He alternates. Sometimes he's discussing things with you, sometimes he regards you as a confidante, and then he'll try to kill you. Likewise, he'll laugh about torture and killing, talk about philosophy in a violent manner, and at different points, he has different attitudes towards things. He's unstable.
Yes, that's not sadism. Do bring examples of those frequent explorations in the game, for I apparently remember none from the 18 or so minutes of his cutscenes.
Here or PM, either/or.

Loonyyy said:
I definitely agree. Yes, he's ripped. But he's not really all that sexy. Especially not when you consider that "ripped" and "badass" feature much less frequently in women's determination of what is sexiest.
You misunderstand. He 'looks' extremely capable while having a fairly regular body frame and doesn't consist purely of bulging muscles and a titanium alloy frame. And by demeanor I meant his physical movement, which was mostly done with mocap.

Loonyyy said:
For me really what did it was the performance. Mando gave it his all, and he's just hypnotic. I truly believed he was completely unhinged and deranged.
Far Cry could be viewed as a character piece with Vaas being in the spotlight. Everything from design to models to voiceacting was fantastic and they didn't ruin it with gameplay. One of the critiques I saw was the lack of a Vaas battle, but I was fairly glad there was none. He, not counting the charging manifestations, was never seen inside the game. All we saw from him was a performance and he had no physical manifestation bound in gameplay that would sully it. He's like an idol.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I have to admit I found the pictures of him super sexy. Then I watched Unskippable, read up on him a little, and went, "Nonononononono. NO." So, yeah if he wasn't a psychotic massmurdering fuckhead, he'd be pretty damn yummy. As it is, the splitsecond of yum when I see his picture and before I remember his personality, quickly turns to nausea.

(Yes, female here.)

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
...I'm sorry, what point are we trying to make here? In fact, what the frik are we talking about?

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Zykon TheLich said:
I'm guessing it's fairly easy to ignore the undesirable traits of an entirely fictional character.
Yeah, I'm agreeing with this. I don't know why people are acting like people are finding a real mass murderer attractive; he's a fictional character, so it's not about people thinking that they can "fix" him, it's people thinking that ficitonal crimes don't mean much. Isn't that the basic premise with quite a lot of games, right? That we do some horrible stuff because it's a game and therefore it doesn't count?

I mean honestly, you know Pyramid Head has fangirls too, right? He's not even really human.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Ldude893 said:
That, my friend, is the definition of insanity.

Seriously, the guy's a psychotic killer who buries people up to their necks in the sand while torturing them with electricity, tarantulas and urine. Also, he killed the player character's brother among other wicked nastiness. Did I mention he was insane?

I guess the promo posters of him do more to beautify him than give him an aura of madness.
Speaking from experience, some people find insanity sexy.

OT: Meh, I feel like there's got to be characters out there who draw a bigger female cloud.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
I dunno, I didnt find ingame Vaas all that attractive. His Voice Actor who he was also modelled after on the other hand? Sign me right up.

Naw, I like him for the fact that I find him hilarious.

The whole bad boy type doesn't really do it for me.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I don't find him sexy at all in-game, mostly because he's absolutely terrifying, and it really gets to me when he randomly starts screaming in your face.

But in real life, he's not bad at all. It was this video that got to me:

You can probably guess why. For the first bit anyway, not so much the torturing bit. He's amazing in all the FC3 Experience shorts.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Zykon TheLich said:
I'm guessing it's fairly easy to ignore the undesirable traits of an entirely fictional character.
Oh GOD, you ever hear of Luka Magnotta [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta]? He filmed himself killing a man, dismembered his body, and mailed the various body parts top the offices of multiple Canadian political parties, and I think an elementary school too.

... He is very real, and he has fangirls.

OT:

Wellllll, I have to admit, Vaas is pretty damn hot looking. His sadistic personality is definitely a turn-off though.

Otherwise, daayyumm, I'd be all over him.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Starik20X6 said:
Surprisingly, this fits in line with my observations. All times I've dated a 'gamer girl', they've ranged from 'slightly unbalanced' to 'completely psychopathic'. I gotta stop dating them...
thats a little unfair

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Vault101 said:
Starik20X6 said:
Surprisingly, this fits in line with my observations. All times I've dated a 'gamer girl', they've ranged from 'slightly unbalanced' to 'completely psychopathic'. I gotta stop dating them...
thats a little unfair
Well, you're welcome to prove me wrong. Ok, I was being facetious before- obviously not all girls who play games are completely batty, it just feels that way sometimes when I look back over my dating history.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Starik20X6 said:
Well, you're welcome to prove me wrong. Ok, I was being facetious before- obviously not all girls who play games are completely batty, it just feels that way sometimes when I look back over my dating history.
I dont think I really can...since this is all anecdotal

but uhhh....I'm not insane...

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Vault101 said:
Starik20X6 said:
I dont think I really can...since this is all anecdotal

but uhhh....I'm not insane...
So far you've given me no reason to doubt your sanity. And as long as you don't start spouting neo-nazi stuff, making fun of handicapped people or going hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold over the course of a few minutes (just some of the wonderful things I've experienced in my dating life), I'll continue to think you're sane.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Is this really a surprise? I mean the amount of serial killers than get lovers/wives in prison, and most of the inmates aren't exactly model material.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Right......

Garrus is sexier in my opinion
(At least he's got reach and flexibility!)

Aug 31, 2012
TakeyB0y2 said:
Oh GOD, you ever hear of Luka Magnotta [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta]? He filmed himself killing a man, dismembered his body, and mailed the various body parts top the offices of multiple Canadian political parties, and I think an elementary school too.

... He is very real, and he has fangirls.
Not him specifically, but yes, I'm aware of the phenomenon. He's still essentially a fantasy for them though (unless they actually hook up with the person in question), although as he's a real person it's harder to ignore what he's done. I'd say there was a higher crazy quotient in his fangirl camp than in the Far Cry 3 guy's. Far cry guy = harmless fantasy, people can ignore bits they don't like without consequence. Actual murderous psychopath = slightly crazy, ignoring bits you don't like or even liking those bits might end up with you either in jail or several separate bin bags. There might be some overlap in the fangirl camps of course but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of women who find Far Cry Guy (that's his name now) attractive would baulk at the idea of of having anything to do with a real life homicidal maniac.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Ldude893 said:
That, my friend, is the definition of insanity.

Seriously, the guy's a psychotic killer who buries people up to their necks in the sand while torturing them with electricity, tarantulas and urine. Also, he killed the player character's brother among other wicked nastiness. Did I mention he was insane?

I guess the promo posters of him do more to beautify him than give him an aura of madness.
It's Tyler Durden all over again. Women went crazy for that psychopath. I know him being played by Brad Pitt had something to do with it, but something about Tyler drove them extra crazy.

Edit: Unlike Tyler Durden, Vaas is kind of "eh" in the looks department. Sure his muscle tone is nice, if you're into that, but his face is off-putting and his hair is stupid.

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
Doclector said:
Believable. I mean, it's just fantasy. How many evil female characters have hoards of male fans and of course, fan art? Despite the fact that if it were in character, then "aroused" is the very last thing you should be.

So, yeah, if people are attracted to that, then fine. Why should this be an issue?

That, and in Vaas' case, he has charisma. He's already gained a spot among the most famous villains of nerd culture for his quotable dialogue. Not surprising that some may find a certain dangerous charm in the character.
"well men do it too, what's the problem?"

Alright. you know how when a woman makes a "men are stupid" joke, they're having a bit of fun, and when a man makes a "women are stupid" joke, they're reinforcing a centuries-old legacy of institutionalized oppression? same shit here-- when a man fantasizes about being dominated by a woman, that's a thing that basically exists on its own, but when a woman fantasizes about being dominated by a man, that's reinforcing the notion that women want to be subservient to men, and, perhaps, it is their natural state to be subservient to men, which is a goddamn social tooth abscess.

And maybe a girl thinks, "That's a load of bullshit! I don't have to be socially responsible about the things I say and do! It's not like it hurts anybody!" Congratulations--you are now the female Rush Limbaugh.