Valentine's Day Edition

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
What the hell? I've never dealt with that type of good stuff. All I got was that I HAD to like what she liked or she'd break up with me. I couldn't even like my stuff, had to hide it. Couldn't mention the Mother or Megaten series yet I had to watch Twilight. Couldn't wear what I wanted for Halloween it had to be what SHE wanted.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
RaikuFA said:
People who aren't nice to you are probably people you shouldn't hang around with, let alone be in a relationship with.

OT: So...it's true that nerdy girls don't exist and guys have to create them?

/oversimplification of whole article :p

I have poor social skills (stop the presses!) so sharing this kind of stuff is particularly difficult if the other party isn't familiarized with it.
Turn the argument around and, yes, it would be similar to introducing someone who hasn't experienced Thai food.

So, with that exposition out of the way, does that really mean there is no hope for me us guys? I mean, all credit to Chris, Kyle and Dan for finding that someone, but it does seem to me and my limited life experience that the odds are just stacked against the possibility of finding someone who's likes the stuff I do.

Unless I missed the point entirely. Which isn't unusual for me. X3

Sharayah Pranger

Dec 8, 2011
I don't ever sneak into the forums, but for the record (and hopefully to give YOU some hope,) I was a master at Yoshi's Island long before I ever even met Chris. I also learned how to speak quite a bit of Elvish long before he existed to me (and that is not something I admit to everyone, so you should feel special!) Suffice it to say, he did not make me a nerd... he just made me more willing to embrace what was already there. ;)

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Should this article make me hopeful because it shows that other "nerds" can get women or should I be even more depressed because I haven't been able to?

God I hate V-day.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Chris: 100% on NSMBW? Not bad, and you did it without getting ruthlessly "I'll seek vengeance when you least expect it!" angry at each other? Next try Donkey Kong Country Returns, and find the true limits.

Kyle: Not only does she jump at the chance, but she wants to co-op a game as awesome as Lego Star Wars? Sold! Easily one of the greatest games to share with a partner. Best of luck with the Doctor and the caves of Aperture.

Dan: Great saying, I'll totally borrow that. No promises on credit, other than a tip of the hat. Oh, and it's cool, man. Most everyone has a man-crush on Bruce Campbell. It's the natural order of things.

Sharayah Pranger said:
I don't ever sneak into the forums, but for the record (and hopefully to give YOU some hope,) I was a master at Yoshi's Island long before I ever even met Chris. I also learned how to speak quite a bit of Elvish long before he existed to me (and that is not something I admit to everyone, so you should feel special!) Suffice it to say, he did not make me a nerd... he just made me more willing to embrace what was already there. ;)
And that makes the pairing even more awesome. Finding someone you want to share more of yourself with, and they not only accept it but want to see more of that side? That's pretty much the dream, is it not?

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Maxtro said:
Should this article make me hopeful because it shows that other "nerds" can get women or should I be even more depressed because I haven't been able to?

God I hate V-day.
I had such happy feelings until I read this. I was ignoring the hearts, enjoying the chocolate, had a sweet demo to look forward to, read such a sweet and loving article...

foreveralone.jpg

'sigh'

Halfstache

Feb 3, 2012
I hate to be the one to break it to you, Dan, but a mojito doesn't contain gin, it's a rum drink. Perhaps this is the reason you like them more than you thought you would?

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Halfstache said:
I hate to be the one to break it to you, Dan, but a mojito doesn't contain gin, it's a rum drink. Perhaps this is the reason you like them more than you thought you would?
Hurray, I love rum! Victory is mine!

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
I'd say this was the best Valentines day article so far with the exception of the satirical part of 'How to woo a gamer guy'. Sorry FeuerFilm but one of the author's real names is "Taylor Cocke" and he's a guy. You just cannot compete on that level.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
It just goes to show that if you take the time and be yourself, you can find someone just as nerdy as you are. Man, with how open people are online, you could easily meet a little bit of everybody.

Sharayah Pranger

Dec 8, 2011
My husband isn't interested in half of the stuff I adore. Dogs and Silly Symphony cartoons and coffee and wine- he doesn't really care for any of them. Liking the same things does not a compatible couple make. (He does, however, make an effort to appreciate them for my sake, and I do the same with him. Otherwise I would never have played Chrono Trigger or any Legend of Zelda games.) Finding the right person isn't so much about finding someone who likes the exact same things as you, it's about finding someone who WANTS you to be yourself and who will acknowledge the validity of your interests and support you in the pursuit of your passions, even if they don't share those passions.