Valve Announces Free DLC for Portal 2

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
BanthaFodder said:
imho, Portal 2 already tops the original (JUST barely), and now THIS.
also, something I'd personally like to see is a level select feature. at least put it in after we finish the single player campagin Valve. look, it may have been fine with Portal, but Portal 2 is THREE TIMES AS LONG. if I want to see a little easter egg near the end, I'm not going to play through the entire 8-10 hour campaign for a trophy or easter egg.
There is. After you finish the game you can click on new game and then select what ever chapter you like.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm too excited to say how excited I am. When?
I'd pay anything for more Portal, so the free thing is kind of negative for me. But maybe it'll get the haters to finally stop.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Titan Buttons said:
I'm just really not sure what Valves marketing stratergy is but I'm not one to complain for free stuff
I am, they should be paying us to store this ?added content? on our already packed hard drives.

I?m kidding.
It is good to see that there are still devs out there not looking to farm us for gold at every chance they get.

Capcom, EA, and R* should take note: this is one of the big reasons why valve fans are so loyal.

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
This is awesome. Valve has arguably the most loyal fanbase in gaming, and this is why - they do good by their customers. Sure, they may lose out a little by not making profits on DLC, but they can pretty safely bet that the next game they put out will do well, and the one after that, and the one after that, just because they have consistently pleased their fans. I have heard that when Half Life 3 comes out, preorders will involve filling out a questionaire asking, among other things, what your favourite type of alcohol is, what your sexual preference is, and when would be the best time for the incredibly attractive, intelligent and funny person of the appropriate gender to visit your house with a case of the aforementioned alcohol, install the game for you, then spend the next 24 hours at your home doing whatever you want. I think it's legit.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I have to say, I got slightly worried when I saw a DLC button in the top right corner of the Steam Game Overlay when playing Portal 2.

Valve, (on the PC at least) has usually delivered their free DLC's through the act of forced game updates, a store page pointed to paid DLC for me.

I wouldn't have minded honestly, Portal 2 didn't feel like it was missing things but there's always the annoyance of a sudden change in business policy.

Guess I was wrong. :3

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Can't wait!

Something tells me Microsoft and Sony will try and charge for it (I mean, Micro did for L4D, after all).

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
Titan Buttons said:
I'm just really not sure what Valves marketing stratergy is but I'm not one to complain for free stuff
I am, they should be paying us to store this ?added content? on our already packed hard drives.

I?m kidding.
It is good to see that there are still devs out there not looking to farm us for gold at every chance they get.

Capcom, EA, and R* should take note: this is one of the big reasons why valve fans are so loyal.
So very true, and don't forget Bioware they are screwing up as well

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Titan Buttons said:
GonzoGamer said:
Titan Buttons said:

I?m kidding.

Good point.
But if we're going to make a full list let's not make it about the publishers trying to rip us off at every chance, we'll be here all day. Lets make it about the ones willing to throw us a bone now and then. Like Valve and....
ummm...
See?
Much shorter list.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
It probably won't happen, but it would be awesome if they included that 'speedball' mechanic I read about on Wikipedia. Basically, a multiplayer capture the flag kind of affair, where the objective is to convey an object [the Companion Cube, for example] into your own 'goal' by utilizing portals. While the opposing player endeavours to do the same. Also, hindering your opponent by opening portals under him.
That would be a barrel of laughs ^^

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
Titan Buttons said:
GonzoGamer said:
Titan Buttons said:

I?m kidding.

Good point.
But if we're going to make a full list let's not make it about the publishers trying to rip us off at every chance, we'll be here all day. Lets make it about the ones willing to throw us a bone now and then. Like Valve and....
ummm...
See?
Much shorter list.
lol I like the way you think, but yeah saddly true