Valve announces Meet the Pyro!

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
No, I am not joking.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=8260

<quote=valve>You read that right (presumably): the long-awaited final Meet the Team short, Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days, and we decided to assemble a massive update to celebrate it.

That only left the issue of what to call the update. Luckily, at the very moment we were thinking about it, someone turned on the radio. Guess what song was on? That's right: 'Safety Dance'.

"That's a pretty catchy song," we said. "Who sings that?" Well, we don't want to upset you, so we won't type it here, but suffice it to say the band that wrote 'Safety Dance' has the most unthinkably offensive name we've ever heard.

Then 'Rock of Ages' came on, off Def Leppard's album Pyromania, so we turned off the radio because it wasn't helping. Suddenly, no thanks at all to music, we came up with the name on our own: The Pyromania Update.

Day One of Pyromania reveals Doomsday, a new map with a brand new game mode that lets you relive one of the darkest days in TF history. It's all pretty heartwrenching, until you discover you'll get achievements, which are also detailed in today's update.

Keep your eyes open, folks. We'll be announcing a bunch of new stuff this week, right up until the premiere of Meet the Pyro this Wednesday.

Should we expect Half Life 3 sometime soon?

Capatcah: Pipe down. I CAN'T!!!

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Between the Potato Sack thing and the announcement of Valve and Adult Swim collaborating on something TF2-related, I couldn't help but feel that Meet the Pyro was on the way. Damn I'm good!

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
I love the thought of Robin's horrified face as he researches Safety Dance

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I'll believe it when it's actually out. Didn't Valve say several months ago that they were gonna release Meet the Pyro "soon"?

Still, I'm excited by this news.

roushutsu said:
the announcement of Valve and Adult Swim collaborating on something TF2-related
...Please continue. This is relevant to my interests -sits crossed legged and awaits story time-

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Strain42 said:
...Please continue. This is relevant to my interests -sits crossed legged and awaits story time-
I think someone posted a thread about this last week, but here: http://www.adultswim.com/promos/valve/index.html

Some people are predicting a show, a movie, or perhaps a flash game. They've been pretty tight lipped about it, but we should be getting some details this week. Who knows? Maybe Meet the Pyro premiers on AS? Probably not.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
roushutsu said:
Strain42 said:
I think someone posted a thread about this last week, but here: http://www.adultswim.com/promos/valve/index.html

Some people are predicting a show, a movie, or perhaps a flash game. They've been pretty tight lipped about it, but we should be getting some details this week. Who knows? Maybe Meet the Pyro premiers on AS? Probably not.
I see. It would be pretty awesome if they did a TV show. I would love to see something actually starring these characters. Probably best if I don't get my hopes up too high though.

Honestly, I don't watch Adult Swim much anymore, but crazy enough, they've been producing a lot of awesome games for the iOS Market. Monsters Ate My Condo, Bring Me Sandwiches, Snoticles, Extinction Squad and most recently, Velocirapture.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Strain42 said:
I'll believe it when it's actually out. Didn't Valve say several months ago that they were gonna release Meet the Pyro "soon"?
Well, it's been only several months - that would qualify it for "in a few moments" in Valve time. You have to agree that's even sooner than expected.