Valve Announces Nominees for the First Annual Steam Awards

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Cowabungaa said:
sagitel said:
woah woah! GTAV and stanley parable for a game withing the game? did i miss something in them? they didnt have anything like that
Going by the YouTube content, the fun in GTA5's multiplayer lies in doing anything but the actual game modes. It's one of the biggest "fuck around and make your own game modes" games this side of GMod.

And The Stanley Parable is a 'game within a game' in a more meta way.
i still dont get gtaV. the game is a sandbox first and foremost. so doing sandboxy things in it is not the actual game?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
It's not a terrible selection, but I have major issues with the "test of time awards". I feel a game should have to be at least 10 years old to place in that category. Skyrim is literally the latest game in the TES series, Terraria is only 5 years old, civ V is 6 years old - but the last expansion was like 3.5 years ago.

I'll accept TF2 and AoE II: HD - though they're kinda cheating cause AoE is a re-release, and TF2 hasn't stopped being updated.

I really wish it was things like the original X-Com from '94 and stuff like that.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Worgen said:
I'm really surprised that Undertale just ended up in one category. I was sure it would end up in blown mind too.
And villain most in need of a hug.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
sagitel said:
woah woah! GTAV and stanley parable for a game withing the game? did i miss something in them? they didnt have anything like that
GTA V has a ton of minigames in it.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Jesus-fucking-Christ. The cynicism in the comments here borders on pure hatred. Holy shit, what the hell happened to this community?

It's just community vote-driven awards. What's with the pissing and moaning?

Fuck's sake. I'm so done with this place. It can wallow in its own bile.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
Isn't Valve strong enough to survive a little sarcasm directed at itself? No "Game most deserving of a sequel" award show that.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
sagitel said:
Cowabungaa said:
sagitel said:
Going by the YouTube content, the fun in GTA5's multiplayer lies in doing anything but the actual game modes. It's one of the biggest "fuck around and make your own game modes" games this side of GMod.

And The Stanley Parable is a 'game within a game' in a more meta way.
i still dont get gtaV. the game is a sandbox first and foremost. so doing sandboxy things in it is not the actual game?
Well you make your own mini-games, basically. All the weird little bullshit that people come up with. It's a great game for that.