Valve Complete Pack now only £24.99 ($49.99)

Doti

Jun 8, 2011
chronicfc said:
No, I think Steam allows you to download games again on a different computer, go to Steam Support for help
Valenza said:
Actually, yes! I'm quite sure if you get another PC, all you have to do is reinstall Steam, and all your purchased games will still be there, ready to download.

Also, this is insane in the best kind of way.
Chamale said:
Buy it now. When you get a better PC, you will still own all of those games through Steam, and you will be allowed to download them again.

Making a Steam account right now. Thanks guys.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Doti said:
You are one lucky Escapist for getting in on this deal. I think I've spent $100 buying games on that list, not counting the several of them that my friends bought for me as gifts. To get it all for $50 is very worth it.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I would seriously consider it if my computer didn't suck ass and could play...well...any of those games.

Maybe I'll get it anyway, then just store it away for later...

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Many of the Valve games are already individually reduced, so if you already own/don't want a significant amount of what's in the complete pack, then going that route might still be preferable. Although it won't take many games before this is the better deal.

The British Pound to Euro exchange rate seem to be fairly off though, as it costs 45 ?.

Doti

Jun 8, 2011
Chamale said:
Doti said:
You are one lucky Escapist for getting in on this deal. I think I've spent $100 buying games on that list, not counting the several of them that my friends bought for me as gifts. To get it all for $50 is very worth it.
Yeah. Although I'll be waiting at least a couple of years before being able to play them, as I'm not buying a new PC that soon. :p

But hey, that systemrequirementslab thing say I might be able to run the original Half-Life and Portal, Reeeeealy slowly, so I'll still give it a shot.

Boy, I'm really behind on the times, aren't I?

chronicfc

Jun 1, 2011
Imperator_DK said:
Many of the Valve games are already individually reduced, so if you already own/don't want a significant amount of what's in the complete pack, then going that route might still be preferable. Although it won't take many games before this is the better deal.

The British Pound to Euro exchange rate seem to be fairly off though, as it costs 45 ?.
if you only want Portal 2 and L4D2 then the complete pack is still cheaper, which is just... almost too generous

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
The funny thing is I bought most of these games full price already. The only games I don't have are Half Life 1, Day of Defeat: Source, and Team Fortress Classic. I've had my eye on the Square Enix pack for a while now, though...

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:
TheIronRuler said:
How do they turn a profit with these deals?
The trick is they don't feel a loss, since it's all digital and they're the top of the food chain. They get less profits by putting it on special, but the cost per unit sold to them is negligible.

Anyway, that's a great pack. Sadly I own...all but 3 of those games so it's not for me, but highly recommended for other people.

EDIT: Can't seem to find it on the Australian Steam. That's disappointing.
The deal is probably done with, it was only on there for the first day, me thinks.

OT: I bought the Oblivion GOTY with all DLC for 8.50.

That was a great purchase. I played it for 10 hours straight!

Wait a minute, what am I still doing here?

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Doti said:
And my PC can't play almost any of them. Great.

If I buy the pack now, will I be able to transfer it into another PC in the future? *is unaware of how Steam works* My guess is no, right?
Yes you can. You can download the games to any pc. You then log into the steam client to play the games. I've done this several times over several pcs and hdd reformats.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Doti said:
Chamale said:
Doti said:
Yeah. Although I'll be waiting at least a couple of years before being able to play them, as I'm not buying a new PC that soon. :p

But hey, that systemrequirementslab thing say I might be able to run the original Half-Life and Portal, Reeeeealy slowly, so I'll still give it a shot.

Boy, I'm really behind on the times, aren't I?
The original half life? Half life 1 you mean?

You could run that on a toaster these days!

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
chronicfc said:
if you only want Portal 2 and L4D2 then the complete pack is still cheaper, which is just... almost too generous
Many will already own Portal 2 though, but for those who don't, then yes, getting this one is pretty much a nobrainer.

Also, the THQ collection - with games like Homefront, Metro 2033, and Dawn of War II - is only 50 ? too. Quite a deal there as well.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
Probably the same way most sales help turn a profit: encourage people who would have never bought the items to buy it now because it's on sale. It's probably all the better for Steam because they aren't limited by actual physical copies of the games, so they can sell as much as they want without needing to pay to have each copy manufactured.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
They don't actually create a physical product, so all the money they make from it is profit. Thats the positive of digital download, no cost to the developer, less cost to the consumer.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
Flac00 said:
TheIronRuler said:
They don't actually create a physical product, so all the money they make from it is profit. Thats the positive of digital download, no cost to the developer, less cost to the consumer.
For the bandwidth and running the Steam servers, there must be some overhead, but I'm sure Value is raking in the cash. And they can keep on doing so from happy customers like myself.

OT: Yeah, I only have an old copy of Half-Life, so I'll definitely pick up this package. Strange, I was thinking about buying the Orange Box, but something kept me from doing so. ;)

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
That's it, I demand my money back because I payed £30 for most of those games!

I know, I'll write a mod that bans anyone with cheap copies of those games from showing up on my friends list or playing with me. Damn peasants and their cheap games!

Also something about hats.

Doti

Jun 8, 2011
Outright Villainy said:
The original half life? Half life 1 you mean?

You could run that on a toaster these days!
Just not on a 4+ year old laptop, apparently.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
This is a pretty sweet deal. I'm debating buying it considering I already own a few of these games.