Valve Expanding Steam's Currency Options in 2014

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
That map seems to have the European Union and the Eurozone confused. On the other hand, the Euro is legal tender in all EU countries, so I suppose it's not that much of a big deal...

proctorninja2

a single man with a sword
Jun 5, 2010
I feel like at this rate soon steam is just going to announce it has taken over a nation

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Anachronism said:
porous_shield said:
I'm wary of this. There are always such huge difference in the prices we pay for things here in Canada and the American prices for things so I'd rather pay in USD. I fully expect to see huge price difference in the CAD prices for games and the USD prices incongruent with the exchange rate.
This is my worry as well. I wish they'd just charge USD for everything like Good Old Games does. The price discrepancy between USD and GBP usually isn't awful, but it's pretty much always noticeable, and tends not to be equivalent to the exchange rate. Hopefully they won't use this as an opportunity to carry on screwing over everyone who lives in Australia.
I got a feeling it's going to be just like Australia. Maybe with the falling price of the CAD vs. USD things might be okay but I'm not holding out hope.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, I'm just as worried as everyone else about this. We already get overcharged for most AAA games just for the hell of it, so hopefully this won't transfer to other games (i.e. mostly indie titles) after Valve makes this change. Then again, I buy very few games these days since my library is already saturated, so if Valve decides to take advantage of this I'll just shrug my shoulders and zip up my wallet for good.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
In Australia I am not sure about this pricing model as it allows the australia tax to be reapplied