Valve Joins Forces With Toymaker to Create Videogame Collectibles

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I wonder if all the positive feedback for this idea that came from this site had anything to do with this development.

If so, YAY! PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE WHAT WE THINK!

(Just a shame that the guy who actually made all the Portal stuff we liked the look of isn't involved. When I first read the headline I thought it was going to be that Valve had hired him to design merchandise. Mind you, probably for the best that didn't happen as the Universe would have imploded from the awesome.

NinjaSpaceCore

Aug 17, 2010
More Portal swag: awesome. Most likely scenario: TF2 hats IN REAL LIFE :D
Really though, since so many people get Portal stuff off of the official Valve store or even Etsy, making more of the stuff would certainly bring more revenue to Valve. And many, many Valve themed gaming rooms. Which I would want.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets.

Please.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Steve the Pocket said:
Turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets turrets.

Please.
I will strewn them upon my yard like lawn gnomes! :>

Dan Shive

Jun 9, 2008
I would gleefully buy Chell, Gordan, Engineer and Alyx action figures... so of course those won't get made. It's never the ones I want to be made... *sniff*

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
Yeah it's all about the half-life action figures for me, Gordon Freeman, Alyx, Metro Cop, Dog, Eli Vance, Dr Kleiner, Dr Breen, Barney, Headcrab zombie the list goes on and on. But then there's also great potential in Portal, Left 4 Dead not to mention Team Fortress though out of these only portal interests me action-figure wise.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
I will buy the fuck out of Valve figurines/action figures!

Also, plush personality cores that say weird things when you squeeze them would be AWESOME, and they should make them!

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
STOP ANSWERING MY DREAMS VALVE
no, seriously stop
with the deal a day (in addition to the weekend deals, midweek deals, developer week deals, and holiday deals) and now this, how am i supposed to pay my bills?
i wonder
are there any steam benefits to being a valve employee, are they hiring CE majors, and how much of my soul would i owe the devil?

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
I will buy anything and everything robot related ...provided I have the money... GLaDOS alarm clock! Pleeeeaaase GLaDOS alarm clock!

icypain

Apr 6, 2010
If they make a remote controlled portal turret valve can have a blank check from me.

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
I want a turret on a leash that I can take for walks. I'll walk behind it while it constantly asks if I'm still there. Every once in a while we will go to the park and I'll let it shoot at me to show that I care.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
My wallet, my poor, poor, wallet...

VALVE! Why do you always have to take my money! As if the Steam sales weren't bad enough... Ah well, looks like it's ramen time again.