Valve Lifts Modern Warfare 2 Bans, Apologizes With Zombies

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
They should've given away TF2.

It'd make more sense.

A primarily competitive MP game in exchange for lost time in another competitive MP game.

I'm aware that L4D has Versus, but you know what I mean.
I think it may have also been to give the online play a jump in users, as it has nowhere near as many active players as TF2.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
I hope they accidentally ban me from TF2! Then they can unban me....WITH HATS!

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
The Aimless One said:
tehroc said:
2 copies is a bit much, I paid for L4D2 and only got 1 copy. Doesn't make sense that because of an error people get handed 2 copies of a great game when 1 would do.
L4D2 is a co-op game......if you don't have any friends who play you might not enjoy it as much.
Handing out a second copy is actually what makes this so great, not everyone enjoys playing with random people.
Especially in L4D(2) it can be a real pain.
Oh I know I'm just jealous, none of my friends play the PC version. At least I did purchase it when it was a great deal a few weeks ago, I actually woulda bought the 4 pack if the economy was better.

Contun said:
Well they gave away two free games... Alien Swarm and Left 4 Dead 2 to those who were accidentally banned. Can't really be picky... :p
Everyone can get Alien Swarm. It has nothing to do with MW2.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I love Valve. They're my friend.

I already own l4d2 though, and only have MW2 on the PS3.

[sub]Ahh, too many acronyms![/sub]

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
tehroc said:
2 copies is a bit much, I paid for L4D2 and only got 1 copy. Doesn't make sense that because of an error people get handed 2 copies of a great game when 1 would do.

What this tells me is that L4D2 recouped it initial investment on the game so there is no real loss here.
There's always one...

It's a co-op game, people will appreciate the sentiment more if they can then play it with their friends too.

OT: In Valve we trust.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
tehroc said:
Contun said:
Well they gave away two free games... Alien Swarm and Left 4 Dead 2 to those who were accidentally banned. Can't really be picky... :p
Everyone can get Alien Swarm. It has nothing to do with MW2.
Oh, I'm fully aware of that, but how many big name gaming companies just give away solid games like that? I can only think of Valve, and that deserves some major respect.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
AxCx said:
Hubilub said:
Valve has an excellent policy when it comes to issues like this:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

"BRIBE EVERYONE! EVERYONE!"
Dang, that made me laugh so hard. I can imagine Newell banging his fists on the desk ("EVERYONE!!!").

Well, its nice of Valve anyway. Other companys wouldnt do this. Its really sweet.

Of course, Valve suck though. They are the biggest douchebags in history, and I fucking hate them. I hope every Valve employee gets too choke on a massive horse cock. And my opinion will not change until they finally fucking BRING OUT HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 3 DANG CANT WE GET A TEASER TRAILER OR AT LEAST A SCREENSHOT???? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT, VALVE????
Rage guy?? :eek:

OT: This is why we like valve :D

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Yay Valve, this is why you're loved by gamers all around.
I'm glad this all had a happy resolution.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Hubilub said:
Suki the Cat said:
Hubilub said:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

I wish other companies would bribe me for mistakes that affect me >>. I was bribed with some free hair accessories once, but never anything to compensate for my annoyance OO.
Out of curiosity, exactly what was the incident that earned you some hair accessory bribery?
3 month delay on some stuff for cosplaying. I never got to cosplay Suigintou [http://mollyandmegan.com/resources/sgintou.jpg] from Rozen Maiden this year =(. But they claim to have shipped the rest of it now, so I'll have to save it for next year, still annoying tho =p.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Hubilub said:
Suki the Cat said:
Hubilub said:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

I wish other companies would bribe me for mistakes that affect me >>. I was bribed with some free hair accessories once, but never anything to compensate for my annoyance OO.
Out of curiosity, exactly what was the incident that earned you some hair accessory bribery?
3 month delay on some stuff for cosplaying. I never got to cosplay Suigintou [http://mollyandmegan.com/resources/sgintou.jpg] from Rozen Maiden this year =(. But they claim to have shipped the rest of it now, so I'll have to save it for next year, still annoying tho =p.
Why can't more Swedish women cosplay nowadays? D:

I MUST SEARCH FOR THEM UNDER ROCKS!

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
OK, i can understand giving away one free game for an apology; But TWO copy's of a free games?!?!?! I swear Valve are angels in disguise.

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
ColdStorage said:
We need to send them a monocle, they are complete gents.

They give us Portal for free when we buy the orange box, then they give us Portal again... FOR FREE, then Valve make an error and they give L4D for free?

Jedoro said:
The Red Dragon said:
Vale are so awesome. This is why everyone loves them.
Valve is pretty awesome, too, eh?
On a scale of 1 to awesome, how awesome are they?
Awesometeen.

But yeah, what they did was pretty awesome, I can't imagine any other developer doing that. I'm also looking forward to playing that Alien Swarm game next month, when my limit resets.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Hubilub said:
Suki the Cat said:
Why can't more Swedish women cosplay nowadays? D:

I MUST SEARCH FOR THEM UNDER ROCKS!
And under rocks you shall find them OO.

Not an awful lot of Norwegians cosplay tho, but at the yearly expo you feel left out if you dont XD. I felt soooo out of place OO. Maybe I should have just taken one of my older outfits, but I so wanted something new >>.