Valve patented controller?

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Until someone patents a wifi brain implant that lets me interface with my computer directly, they can all gtfo. There's nothing anyone can patent at this point that will be any improvement over what we already have.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
it looks like a overly complicated Xbox controller.
I won't buy it I,ll stick with my USB 360 controller.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Is that a Trackball? Do they really think a trackball is a good replacement for a mouse?

Space Spoons said:
I think it's sort of a step backward, to be honest. The entire reason I play Valve games on my PC and not my Xbox is that they handle so much better with a keyboard and mouse. Why would I ever want to go back to a controller?
Answer: For action/arcade or racing games of course. That's what's great about my laptop right now: I can turn on Bastion and it automatically detects the Logitech controller I have plugged to it.
I can turn that off and boot up Blender to get some work done.
Then, (most epic of all), I can boot up a shooter, like say STALKER, for which I can use my controller in my left hand, for analogue movement, and the mouse in my right hand, for accurate aiming control.

So yeah, I've solved the "control scheme" problem. And only because I use a PC. No console is ever going to let me do that. If Valve proves me wrong.... well, I'd probably throw my money at them.

RGman

Aug 28, 2011
What's with the ball thingy? Is Marble Madness getting a remake by Valve?

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
I have so many doubts abut what Valve is trying to do, even if it's interesting and I'm curious how it will work out. Like why PC gamer would want a console that's a PC if They have PC already...

And the controller.. well, if they want to sell console They need a controller for it, but I don't see reason to buy it unless you are major Valve lover. Plenty of companies already specialize in good quality peripherals (SteelSeries, Razer).
Maybe like... make some games instead Valve? <.<

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
That looks like garbage to be perfectly honest. However if you can swap everything, including the layout of the buttons which from that picture they do look fixed, then okay. Fine.
Just for fucks sake, also let us adjustable weight. I just got a ps3 and the ps3 controller feels like a goddamn toy. I am currently looking for a 360 shaped controller for my ps3.
But to be honest I do not like the idea of yet another console anyway. I am already hoping one dies off so we don't have to pick between em.