Valve: Portal 2 is Our Best Game Ever

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Damn it how about Half-Life 2 Episode 3 already? I mean I know we might never see it but come on!

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Well, this means one of two things:

Either they have no faith in HL:E3, or that its time to face facts, and HL:E3 is never coming out.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Wiezzen said:
I have a feeling that Portal 2 won't have the same charm as Portal.
Good.

I like to think Portal 2 will retain some of the charm of the original, but will have something new to bring to the table.

Now, where's that hype train? Might as well board, I'm trying to figure out if I should spend my $90 on costume supplies or placing a pre-order on Portal 2. (At this point, I might be able to do both. Whoo!)

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Portal 2 will be so amazing because it makes it more open and changes the main character to gordan freeman and then gives him an arra of weapons to fight a new race called the combine. Wait what??

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Hey yo Gabe, im real happy for yah, and imma let you Finish, but Episode three is gonna be the best game of all time. OF ALL TIME!

OT: Sounds like its gonna be fun.

(really sorry about the bad, BAD kanye west joke. but Iv always wanted to do one)

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
I fail to se how Valve "changed" the fps-genre. Sure, they made many good classics, but apart frome some gravity/portal minigames they don't differ that much from the rest of the genre.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
Paragon Fury said:

Either they have no faith in HL:E3, or that its time to face facts, and HL:E3 is never coming out.
you know this would be hilarious but think if at the end of the game you see a lamba symbol then BAMN half life 2 episode 3 begins to play and your sitting there after playing an awesome game with your mouth on the floor all...whoa...

maybe that's why they say its the best one ever made!

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
ninjajoeman said:
Paragon Fury said:

you know this would be hilarious but think if at the end of the game you see a lamba symbol then BAMN half life 2 episode 3 begins to play and your sitting there after playing an awesome game with your mouth on the floor all...whoa...

maybe that's why they say its the best one ever made!
I'm anticipating some sort of Ep3 trailer at the end of Portal 2 xD

Bohner239

Jun 4, 2009
I enjoyed playing the first game, but after I beat it I had no desire to play through it again. The writing was good, the plot and character designs were creative, and the whole concept of portals was phenomenal. But after I had figured out the puzzles, I didn't feel the need to go through it again, that's how thorough it was. I hope the second won't be the same. One thing I realize, is that because they're working on Portal 2, it means they're NOT WORKING ON HALF LIFE 3 which I am greatly anticipating!! God, Portal 2 better hold me off until Half Life 3!!

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Kelethor said:
Hey yo Gabe, im real happy for yah, and imma let you Finish, but Episode three is gonna be the best game of all time. OF ALL TIME!

OT: Sounds like its gonna be fun.

(really sorry about the bad, BAD kanye west joke. but Iv always wanted to do one)
No I liked it, I thought it was tasteful....

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Bohner239 said:
I enjoyed playing the first game, but after I beat it I had no desire to play through it again. The writing was good, the plot and character designs were creative, and the whole concept of portals was phenomenal. But after I had figured out the puzzles, I didn't feel the need to go through it again, that's how thorough it was. I hope the second won't be the same. One thing I realize, is that because they're working on Portal 2, it means they're NOT WORKING ON HALF LIFE 3 which I am greatly anticipating!! God, Portal 2 better hold me off until Half Life 3!!
Game developers can and do work on more than one game at a time. WILL YOU PEOPLE GET THIS THROUGH YOUR BLOODY SKULLS ALREADY?!

While yes, sometimes members from other teams are pulled if things get hard, THEY WORK ON MORE THAN ONE GAME. Portal 2 had a separate development team from Episode 3, and delay of Portal 2 wouldn't make Ep 3 come out any faster.

NOW STOP THE WHINING.