Valve reveals first DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, Bill fans get ready!

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
gamefreakbsp said:
It's like Gabe Newell is a mind reader or something.
Really.

*starts thinking "FINISH EPISODE THREE, GODDAMMIT!!!!"*
We need to collect at more people to think the same thing, then put them outside his office. A quiet strike perhaps.

But this DLC sounds awesome.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
TOGSolid said:
Portal: Team absorbed by Valve
Counterstrike: Team Absorbed by Valve
Left 4 Dead: Most overrated game of the year, also, enjoy your full priced expansion pack. Killing Floor makes L4D look like ass. If you think L4D is 'intense' then you must also enjoy watching paint dry. The weapons are throwbacks from counter-strike which has some of the worst gun handling in any game ever, the director AI absolutely fails at keeping the game pacing interesting, and the game's atmosphere is basically anything but scary.
TF2: Was only fun with friends, but damn near anything is fun with friends. Valve has systematically ruined it by injecting grinding bullshit into it.
TFC: Team absorbed by Valve.
Half-Life: Boring and unexciting gameplay. They've always just been tech demos.

Valve's games may be well polished and have some impressive tech in them, but they've never been all that immersive or exciting. The Half-Life series' actual gameplay was crap because the games were just tech demos. The action high points of the games have always fell flat (and no, I'm not some fratboy fag that loves MW2 and Halo, those games are absolutely terrible.), the story has always been fairly meh, the repetitive nature of the gameplay (Gordon, I need yet another door opened for me!) is annoying, and the general lackluster direction has always made these games a bore.

Believe it or not, not every gamer is a blind Valve fanboy, and *gasp*, may have a differing opinion!
Whilst I disagree with your opinion, I find your reasoning rather sound and logical.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
toastmaster2k8 said:
This is what Iv been waiting for.
Took the words straight out of my mouth.

EDIT: Wait, sorry, not you, although it does seem awesome.

Fat Man Spoon said:
So... Left 8 Dead?
Is what I meant.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
I started laughing when it was stated that it will be 'the most important part of the story'... what story exactly?

zombies, kill? OMG FOUR OTHER PPL!!!

also, I see a deathmatch gametype in the future, cononically it would go something like:

the two groups don't trust each other and decide that they are going to kill the other before they themselves are killed.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I'm trying not to gush in a shrill of fanboy exictement, but then I remember I'm going to have to fork out for the awesomeness that Valve wants me to have for free but because MS are greedy assholes I'm subjected to having to pay for this.

I'll still buy it, if only to have the oppurtunity to play as Zoey again.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
EspirituExterminatus said:
Well that is just a horrible, horrible idea. Chet Faliszek said that the main reason for the new characters in L4D2 was because you were not meant to get attached to the characters. The story is about the world, not just these 4 people. By bringing them back it just ruins it especially as L4D2 is meant to be taking place a loooooooooong way away from the original.
Do not get me wrong. I like the original cast far more than the new ones (Excluding Nick, can we please kill Louis and replace him with Nick?) but this just kind of kicks the canon in the crotch.
well, it could make some since. New Orleans was still secure just a little bit before L4D2, so whose to say that the surrounding area would not be secure and that the plane from dead air didn't drop you off there? Well, it could happen.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Kwil said:
Echer123 said:
TOGSolid said:
Echer123 said:
Oh Valve, how could anyone not love you.
Easily, there isn't a single game they've made that has been legitimately good.
I...what?

I can understand not liking some of their games, but none of them?

Care to elaborate?
Do not feed the troll.
Indeed, I reported him instead. Valve abuse. There's no excuse.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
How i hate those who invented the idea of DLC's... don't you see it's just unfinished games with added stuff, instead of giving some level editor... that's what Bioware did with Dragon Age on consoles, and you guys are buying it.

what a shame, look in the past and see that games were much more longer, funnier and complete.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Orcus_35 said:
How i hate those who invented the idea of DLC's... don't you see it's just unfinished games with added stuff, instead of giving some level editor... that's what Bioware did with Dragon Age on consoles, and you guys are buying it.

what a shame, look in the past and see that games were much more longer, funnier and complete.
Yeah cause L4D1 and 2 don't have level editors

...oh wait.