Valve Reveals Left 4 Dead 2's 'Scavenge Mode'

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
This sounds... hard. Really hard. I mean I can imagine my heart racing as I run towards the goal. Great addition, though.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
AstorSapolsky said:
I believe you mean 28 Days. I haven't watched 28 Weeks much (too Hollywood), so maybe there is a similar scene, but Days is one of my favorite movies of all time. So.... nitpick time.
Yes. You're absolutely right. I made a mistake and actually meant to refer to the movie you HAVE seen even though, for the purposes of my metaphor, it made a hell of a lot less sense than the one you haven't. I almost forgot that I'm supposed to structure all of my articles around your knowledge of pop culture.

God, I feel so dumb right now!
I think I love you for this post. <3

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Dan Shive said:
Sounds like fun to me, though it's gonna suck for the melee infected if the cans are on a hair-trigger.

Hunter: "I got him I got him I--" *BOOM*
Actually, that would be kinda good for them, seeing as their job is to stall the clock and/or kill the survivors, and making a survivor explode is a good way to do both. I can already picture the smug sense of satisfaction I'd have lunging on someone to cause a massive explosion. Even if the survivor doesn't die, he's hurt. Bad. And now he has to get another can.

Though I doubt that lunging him would explode the can, he'd probably just drop it in a non-impressive display. Still, it's fun to day-dream about the explosion. :3

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
AstorSapolsky said:
I believe you mean 28 Days. I haven't watched 28 Weeks much (too Hollywood), so maybe there is a similar scene, but Days is one of my favorite movies of all time. So.... nitpick time.
Yes. You're absolutely right. I made a mistake and actually meant to refer to the movie you HAVE seen even though, for the purposes of my metaphor, it made a hell of a lot less sense than the one you haven't. I almost forgot that I'm supposed to structure all of my articles around your knowledge of pop culture.

Just to add to that, I honestly didn't even notice the semantic difference there. I just saw "28 [time period]s Later" and my brain did the rest. You could have said "28 seconds later" and I probably wouldn't have even caught it. :x

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
dogstile said:
oh this sounds fun, i'm expecting awesomeness from this

i also love the picture
Why? Because they're black and it's a post about zombies?

YOU'RE A RACIST!!!
I think he likes it because it looks like they are stealing the tires instead of changing them.

Any who.I think this game mode will be fun and refreshing.The old L4D has gotten a little stale.

elexis

just another guy
Mar 17, 2009
Wait, this isn't a reliable source article!?! Well then (starts investigating residency options in countries other than Australia)

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
cainx10a said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
dogstile said:

i also love the picture

YOU'RE A RACIST!!!
YOU'RE A RACIST!!! SHE'S RACIST!!! HE'S RACIST!!! WE ARE ALL RACISTS!!!
I'm too clueless to be racist. The worst I can do is say something unintentionally offensive.

lego6245

Oct 8, 2009
Oh my god... SuperMarket Sweep! IT IS AWESOME!
That was like my favorite game show ever. The carts, and the shopping, the running up and down the supermarket. It was so cool...
OT: This made me want to get Left 4 Dead more.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Earnest Cavalli said:
AstorSapolsky said:

I have seen both... and I'm 90% pretty sure he's right. The scene is in 28 Days Later.

But at least you got to be smug :D

[Source] [http://www.videovista.net/reviews/oct07/28wklate.html] (fifth paragraph)

Mar 16, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:

Sorry, you got to see the unedited version where I thought you knew what you were talking about (I did admit to being a douche in it).

I have seen 28 Weeks Later. I said I haven't watched it with repitition. That does not make you any more correct, your attack any more valid, nor you a better person. I still paid enough attention to know which movie I'm talking about.

Enjoy being smug.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Sounds fun, I never knew there was a "Jockey" special infected. I'll have to find a picture of it.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Valve is making me more and more inclined to spit on the boycotters everytime they bring out something new and cool.

Damn you Valve fanboy-ism!

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
dogstile said:

i also love the picture

YOU'RE A RACIST!!!
indeed,I too like the picture.
Although Im a minority so YOU'RE A RACIST!!! doesn't apply to me.

Racism is a crime and crime is for black people.

;)