Valve Squeeze More Juice From The Orange Box

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
megapenguinx said:
Jumplion said:
I would get it if my FUCKING PC WASN'T A PILE OF CRAP!!

*sigh* at times like these I wish I didn't have a Dell computer that has an intergrated graphics card that I cannot switch out...
Buy it, then when you upgrade you can just play it then. Dude I'm playing it on an 08 Macbook (with integrated graphics) and it runs ok on lowest settings.
EDIT:Damn ninja'd
My computer can barely run the Half-Life 2 demo for God's sake, what makes you think I'd be able to play 5 of these games?!?!

Besides, my father wouldn't care enough to let me upgrade. That and I'm mainly lazy, but some day...

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
wasalp said:
HeartAttackBob said:
I suspect that Valve is doing it because they're gearing up for an Episode 3 Box of some sort. Maybe it will be the Green Box, and include Left 4 Dead. Naturally, they'll have to include all the previous episodes and HL2.

While the "money=food" voice in my brain is telling me to wait for that upcoming package, pricing the orange box at ten dollars is practically giving those games away, and I would be a fool to pass up such a golden opportunity... right?

Well played Valve, well played.

Actually a large tf2 patch is coming up and they often have these specials right before it is released
Same with the free-play weekends.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Alright, I've been debating getting the Orange box for quite some time, Valve finally broke me down. I'm downloading it right now. It's things like this that remind me of how cool a videogame company can be. Although if I would've bought it a few days ago for full price I'd be mighty pissed right about now.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
God damn it, over the past year I've brought Portal, Team fortress 2 and Half life 2 separately, for a cost of about £30, oh well I guess I'll get the two episodes. Though I already brought the damn orange box for the Xbxo 360 for £39.99 when it first came out. Arghaaa

s3cur1tr0n

Aug 5, 2008
I bought this the day it came out for $49.99. The best gaming purchase ive made in 5 yrs easy.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
I think Valve employees enjoy not eating. Releasing DLC for free, selling games for two bucks a piece. I guess their employees take shifts begging for change around town.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Portal: A first person puzzler that is simply sublime, with one of the most monstrous opponents you will ever face.
you forgot with a dash of Mike Patton thrown in for good measure

Helston

Aug 14, 2008
sneakysnake128 said:
Oh please people. You'd have to have a computer 6 years or older to not be able to play this. Pathetic.
You mean 7 or older. My computer runs HL2 well enough to have played it through twice, as well as episode 1 (after an issue that was fixed by an update), episode 2 twice, portal umpteen times and well and many, many hours of TF2. I think we got this upgrade partway through 2004, but it was only about average back then. Its had a couple of slight upgrades, but things work well enough.

Point is, Orange Box is awesome - BUY IT. I paid $80. I'm so going to buy a couple of gift copies of this.

On a side note, my avatar is from Team Fortress 2. Its the pyro achievement Freezer Burn.

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
I bought my copy for thirty dollars, but the only game I enjoyed was Portal. I thought Half-Life 2 was okay, although I haven't played Team Fortress 2. I should do that soon because my Xbox Live Gold account is about to expire.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Yeah it's totally worth it, even if you aren't online like I'm not(thus not being able to play Team Fortress) Half Life 2 and Portal are awesome

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
SICK0_ZER0 said:
wow i got this for £20 i thought THAT couldn't be beaten
yeh i got it £20-£25 on the day of release, i picked up oneof their indie deals with 5 indie games for £7 but 5 full games (and some of the best ever made) for £6 insane, anyone who doesnt have this definatly needs it, even if yur only missing one game buy the whole box ;)