Valve: "Valve Time" is a Compliment

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
And I'd have it no other way.
I' glad there's at least one studio out there working in such a fashion. Gamers will be the first to moan and ***** when a game isn't 100% bug free or they find out stuff had to be cut etc.

I don't get what the rush is. Yeah we want great games, but great games take time to make and you're not going to get the "best" product by pushing devs to release something that just isn't ready and to stick to some arbitrary release date.
Also games that have fixed schedules aren't games where a designer thinks "damn, I have these dope ideas I want to implement" but rather it turns in to "we have to release this game next year so what can we make work in that time". The latter being a really lame process in my opinion.

You will get the same people ***** at the fact that CoD or Madden etc. release games every year and then turn around to ***** that x Valve game hasn't gotten release. (or any other companies game for that matter)
Buggered if you do, buggered if you don't.

Jove said:
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Steam, Valve would have gone bankrupt and shut down years ago with the kind of game development schedule they have at the moment.

I don't really believe Valve actually believes in any of these stuff, they just know they can get away with it because of the money made from Steam. They could wait till they actually release a game of their own (that's not a mod) for another decade and people will still worship them like they were gods.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hide behind my imaginary Internet flame shield.
But they do, so they can. No point theorising around about something which just isn't.
What if, what if...

I don't understand your second paragraph at all... mod? release date worship? no comprende.

And thank god it's precisely Valve that have the smarts to release games when they think they have something worthy of a release because they always release solid products. Proof as they say, is in the pudding.