Valve, why are they loved?

Durai

May 1, 2011
Dagda Mor said:
The_Lost_King said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Skin said:
Valve is the MomCorp of the videogame industry.
They need to be big and strong like Germany, not weak and neutral like Switzerland!
Yes Germany is sooo strong losing 2 world wars and all.
We like Valve because they get our money by making sales not by holding games for ransom and bury under day 1 dlcs.
The fact that Germany is still a worldwide superpower after losing two world wars is testament to how strong it is. You didn't pay attention in history class, did you?
Okay this is going way off topic over a meme very few seem to be getting.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
They love/care about their fanbase and they are single-handedly keeping the PC gaming market up and healthy. Steam is such a fantastically convenient and decent store front when most high-street retailers are having smaller and smaller sales areas for PC games.

The only complaints I have with Steam is that A) The prices are bullshit for a lot of titles but that's because the publishers control the prices, Valve just hosts them and B) I have so many games on Steam, my copy gets unresponsive and glitchy when I'm downloading new games which is only really a problem during their fantastic sales. Also, I have bought many games a second time on Steam because it's more convenient than looking through the boxes for the CDs/DVDs.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968099168/games?tab=all