Valves April fools joke

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
cartoon network teasing toonami, and valve teasing half life 3......

when did april fools become april 'kill your best friend in front of you and looking you in the same room with him while rapeing your girlfriend in front of your face'

seriously, this shit is getting cruel....

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
The_Deleted said:
Speaking as someone whos not remotely arsed about HL3...That is fucking legendary!
Speaking as someone who's DYING to get his hands on HL3, I still think this is legendary!

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
OH HOH HOH VALVE, GOOD ONE! HURR HAA HURR

But really, my jaw dropped when I saw it.. and then I remembered the day. Cruel Valve, just cruel.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
ResonanceGames said:
Alright, say it with me everyone: "Valve did NOT do this. This was a prank on a fake website."
Of course Valve didn't do it. It's not April first in Valve Time yet. They still have another six or seven months, depending on if their prank's alpha build gets leaked or not.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
pilouuuu said:
That's not funny at all, especially if they know that we've been waiting so long for it!
They just want to make it as good as Duke Nuckem Forever is all

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
I guess it's just back to waiting. I guess I could still play Half Life 2 another few hundred fans.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Well considering everyone is such good sports to my banter in this thread and the coming weekend is a loooong one (2x bank holidays sweeeet) i shall get around to playing half life 2! :D so i can join in all your need and want for HL3 perhaps abit behind schedule though

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
A Satanic Panda said:
ResonanceGames said:
Alright, say it with me everyone: "Valve did NOT do this. This was a prank on a fake website."
Of course Valve didn't do it. It's not April first in Valve Time yet. They still have another six or seven months, depending on if their prank's alpha build gets leaked or not.
This made me laugh more than the joke.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Ergh, those bastards milking the HL2 engine til its not just dead, its basically vampirical on itself and its consumers, really quite discusting, I don't know if I'd even buy HL3 now, by my watch its about 1-2 years late.

Gnoekeos

Apr 20, 2009
Its crap like that that makes me avoid the internet as much as possible on april fools day.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I don't think this was Valve's doing. Clever though.

Fake site:

http://store.steamppowered.com/

Official site:

http://store.steampowered.com

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Conza said:
Ergh, those bastards milking the HL2 engine til its not just dead, its basically vampirical on itself and its consumers, really quite discusting, I don't know if I'd even buy HL3 now, by my watch its about 1-2 years late.
So just to clarify, by 'milk' you mean 'originally conceived to be modular and long-lasting' and by 'discusting' you mean 'mildly annoying.'

Source isn't going to win any graphics awards, but people who've played CS:GO say it looks a hell of a lot better than the last COD game, so it's not like it isn't current. It just isn't exactly Cryengine.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
ResonanceGames said:
Conza said:
So just to clarify, by 'milk' you mean 'originally conceived to be modular and long-lasting' and by 'discusting' you mean 'mildly annoying.'

Source isn't going to win any graphics awards, but people who've played CS:GO say it looks a hell of a lot better than the last COD game, so it's not like it isn't current. It just isn't exactly Cryengine.
Let me clarify the 'correct' meaning of what you're trying to draw from my statements, and 'my' opinion. The HL2 engine, while impressive when first released, has lived too long, even for a long life engine, and as much as I enjoyed HL2, CS:S & Portal; Portal 2 and the new CS should've been put on a 'HL3' engine.

So by 'milking to...not just death' ect, I mean, used up, for all of its potential resources, then continued on for the purposes of profit, not for new and exciting games.

No, its disgusting, they know this engine has lasted way too long, and that it should've been phased out years ago, its dated, and they release 'so called' new games with it only to serve their bottom lines, and I think that, is discusting.

Yes it clearly isn't going to win any graphics awards, it didn't deserve any after 06, but saying its 'good' because it beats COD is pathetic, pathetic for source to have to take small victories like 'better than an ancient console shooter game produced by Activision'.

CryEngine, now there's a company that is constantly improving its technology... its a pity its gameplay stories are so shallow.