Valve's E3 Surprise

XavierHarkonnen

May 31, 2010
So I've been thinking about Valve's surprise announcement since they said there would be one and I just have this gut feeling, since they said this that its going to be Left 4 Dead 3. Not off of any particular knowledge about the inner workings of Valve, and there are probably more rational conclusions to come to, but at the same time I just want to laugh at all the rage an announcement like this would create out of rabid fanboys, just like when they announced left 4 dead 2 last year.

So what do you of the Escapist think will they reveal L4D2? Maybe CS2 or Half-Life 2 Episode 3, or an entirely new IP?

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Hm, probably something to do with the Duke Nukem image that appeared on their website a few days ago, or possibly HL2: E3. Wait, E3 expo and Half Life 2 Episode 3? I KNEW IT!

muckinscavitch

Jul 27, 2009
Out of all the things I have heard people think of, I think a new Source Engine would be extremely likely, and would explain why Episode 3 has taken so long to come out.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
I'd like to see them start with a trailer for L4D3, and be like, "Lol jk, jk."

I however, want to see Duke Nukem.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
muckinscavitch said:
Out of all the things I have heard people think of, I think a new Source Engine would be extremely likely, and would explain why Episode 3 has taken so long to come out.
I've been thinking it was going to be the next iteration of the Source Engine for awhile now, but they did say it was a Portal themed surprise.

Wrds

Dyslexic Wonder
Sep 4, 2008
From my understanding they hired the original creator of DOTA.

You do the math.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
sgtshock said:
They've already said that the surprise is Portal 2 related.
Anything they annoince will be relatively portal 2 related in that its by the same developer.
Aha!

OT: It doesnt bother me, I've never played a valve game cos FPSs usually don't appeal to me.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
The scientists at Aperture Science have created a dimensional portal allowing the characters from the Half Life universe to go into the L4D universe and vice/versa.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
It'll be Episode 3, a new source engine, a patch for TF2 and the news that Glados will be back in Portal 2.

[snigger]

Jun 3, 2009
CloggedDonkey said:
Hm, probably something to do with the Duke Nukem image that appeared on their website a few days ago, or possibly HL2: E3. Wait, E3 expo and Half Life 2 Episode 3? I KNEW IT!
A duke Nukem image on their site? Then I'm going to have to vote for HL2:E3, no matter how unlikely I once thought it to be.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Doctor VonSexMachine said:
CloggedDonkey said:
A duke Nukem image on their site? Then I'm going to have to vote for HL2:E3, no matter how unlikely I once thought it to be.
According to a news report on Kataku I saw a few days ago a picture of the Duke appeared on VALVe's website, then disappeared within a few minutes. Could have been fake though.

Still, Half Life 2: Episode 3, so HL2: E3, and their doing something at E3. this cannot be a coincident.

Mr. Ruckus

Jun 10, 2010
I would love to see a new engine, i'm really curios to see what they're gonna do. I have a feeling that it will probably be a new half-life installment, but a new engine...i would enjoy that

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
DragonChi said:
CloggedDonkey said:
Hm, probably something to do with the Duke Nukem image that appeared on their website a few days ago....
could you link that?
[link]http://steamunpowered.eu/valve-to-release-duke-nukem-forever/[/link]
Could be fake, probably is, but you never know.