Valve's Portal 2 Mod Crashes Down on Skyrim

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Amarok said:
You're acting out to an unreasonable, unjustifiable degree, here. It's a cute little mod by two fine games companies. No reason to add them to a "fuckin hate" list.

And do people REALLY tell you about this stuff at every turn, or do you go out of your way to look for it? Because I must say, I frequent the internet rather a lot but exercising simple judgement regarding what forum posts I do and don't click on, I even managed to make it through the cake days relatively unscathed.

Have a hot chocolate, breathe deeply, and feel better.
List was a joke. Even then it would only be Valve because it was undoubtedly their idea to put the meme into the game. I remember every thing i hate relatively easily. But i apparently know more portal fanboys than is healthy for me and they refuse to stop telling me about it. I would have gone my entire life without hearing cake is a lie, "SPAAAAAACE" or hear someone speak in a mock glados voice had it not been for portal 2. They still boasted about how portal was the most innovative game ever, and how it was the greatest thing ever. But they had dropped the jokes. Know what else? Those same jack asses messaging me about the mod never shut up for three solid weeks about "arrow to the knee". Why? Because memes are funny to them. From birth to the 20th anniversary of it being turned into a dead horse and beaten; they parrot it. Arrow to the knee was losing loads of steam and portal 2 memes had fallen entirely off the radar. But then this shows up and ruins my mood by reminding them of that "spaaaace" meme and then that refreshed arrow to the knee and now i want to kill people.
get therapy. youre not well in the head if you are stressed by a phrase. you sound like the type of people who go in a bar and rage out when they hear a group of friends laughing and talking on the next table. people say hello to me all the time, should i get stressed and spew foam for hearing it all the time? better yet, get new friends, since you dont seem to like what youre hanging out with. either way, dont blame the jokes or the companies or the games. not their fault you get surrounded by idiocy.

and if youre attempting some sort of sarcastic exaggeration, its not working very well.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
This will be even more outstanding if contextual dialogue about reaching space occurs if a giant swats it into the stratosphere.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
"You got your Portal in my Skyrim..."
"You got your Skyrim in my Portal..."

Pretty cool deal though. I'm excited to see what all players will come up with with this creation kit. Portal was the next logical step, so that begs the question. Where to now?

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
Argh! Space core's great and everything, but the only sphere I want to bring on an adventure is, of course, Rick the Adventure Sphere.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Know what else? Those same jack asses messaging me about the mod never shut up for three solid weeks about "arrow to the knee". Why? Because memes are funny to them. From birth to the 20th anniversary of it being turned into a dead horse and beaten; they parrot it. Arrow to the knee was losing loads of steam and portal 2 memes had fallen entirely off the radar. But then this shows up and ruins my mood by reminding them of that "spaaaace" meme and then that refreshed arrow to the knee and now i want to kill people.
I never really understood how arrow to the knee became such a huge meme. I've only heard it a handful of times the whole time I've been playing, and with a huge gap between each time. You want repetitive dialogue, go chat to a Vigilant of Stendarr, or visit their heaquarters *shudder* that place has more repeated lines than Bart Simpsons detention blackboard.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Geez that guy needs the SkyUI mod stat. The vanilla menu was truly horrendous.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
It's times like this that I DESPISE not having a computer with the juice to play games like Skyrim. I have it on my PS3, but.... spaaaaace...

Insane Guy of DOOM

Aug 7, 2008
Kiba Bloodfang said:
That's all it does...? Kind of disappointing. I was hoping for more core-related quests and whatnot.
There actually are several other things the mod adds:

-Wheatley can be seen floating among the constellations of the level up menu.

-Taking the Space Core to Winterhold will allow you to forge a "Dovahcore Helmet", which is a hat shaped like the Space Core with viking horns.

-The loading screen will occasionally show an image of the Space Core with the caption "Space is the area above Tamriel that you see when you look up."

-The game files include references to something called "Portal2Quest", no one has found any new quests yet, but one might be out there. Also the "Vol 1" means perhaps its a hint towards future mods?

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
The best part was the "10 minutes later" on the inventory scrolling screen. /sigh, hopefully with the release of the creation it the interface will finally get fixed, and just maybe they will let me map hotkeys to menus with a list of items rather than specific items

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
The only thing i hate more than EA are portal fans and anyone that inserts portal into everything. So now i must add Valve to my "things i fuckin hate" list. Last thing that was ever needed was a mod portal fanboys. No its not irrational hate. The core was built to be a meme and low and behold it was parroted into infinity(and beyond apparently).

Now every portal jackass i know(and yes i have not burned all of them yet) keeps sending me this fucking link parroting it as the "best mod ever" and 'the only official mod" and it sickens me because they are 100% serious as a god damned heart attack after the god damned Batman punchees you in the throat. *gets text message* MOTHER FUCKERS! *grabs crowbar*
here's an Idea

click away...somwhere...mabye a game you look or somthing, forget about it

I thourght the space core was friggen hilarious anyway

BlueJoneleth

Feb 8, 2011
This proves that Skyrim takes place in our world but on a different planet in a far away future.

Interesting. :p

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
It's not because you hate the memes, it's the way you're reacting to this. It shows that you're in need of, not necesarily therapy, but certainly "a day or two off", if you catch my drift. And it's not just you, this goes for "90% of the internet" as you put it, as well. This is an incredibly trivial thing to get so angry about.