Velociraptor attacks

Deionarra

Feb 6, 2008
You should all study this interactive information film and learn the capabilities of Raptors before it's too late!

http://www.pixeljam.com/dinorun/

They escaped the apocalypse hiding in their caves where they plot our destruction. Don't try to run form them, you have no chance. Hiding on rooftops won't help you, they are excellent at parkour. Not even the skies are safe from Raptors.

Above all, be suspicious of anyone wearing a hat!

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
Silvertounge said:
PS3fanboy said:
I myself would have no plan whatsoever.
Why you ask. Because it won't happen.

Now I hope you realized that I said that on purpose just because people are already looking at me as a fun-hating person.

My plan if there was such a raptor invasion would be simple and just go to Alaska. By the time they evolve and start inventing things to survive there I would be long dead.

Or I would move to the redwood forest over in Clifornia or where ever it is and build a city of treehouses 100's of feet up. They can't climb trees because they don't have aposable thumbs and those trees don't even have branches for the first 50 or so feet.
You're in on it! And you're trying to make us feel safe and drop our guard! Never! You will be the first to fall! Who's with me?!?
DAMMIT you discovered my plan.
I guess I will have to sacrifice myself as I won't get hurt because I don't beleive they are still alive.

*gets attacked by raptors*

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
so basically move to endor or hoth?
I'm not afraid of velociraptors, I'm afraid of deinonychus and utahraptor, seriously. Utahraptors are the size of....SUVs, they're huge! velociraptors are the size of ma dogs, my dogs could take them on. Velociraptors were the coyotes of yesteryear (that's right I said it) and they feed on the fawns of yesteryear (protoceratops, psittacosaurs)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Vraptor-scale.svg#file

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
JOE COOL said:
If there is one, I will go up to it and stab it with a knife.
Stabe a dinosaur, compete with rending claws and a bad attitude towards man, with a knife?! Let's see how far that takes you. Plus it could smell you and already have another raptor lying in ambush.

tiredinnuendo said:
Even looking past that, you'd only need one raptor to disguise themselves and get inside the perimeter, and they'd no doubt be able to cripple our defenses in minutes, leaving us open for a planned strike.
- J
This is a good point. If by chance, the raptors start wearing those funny glasses and moustash combo, humans would be none the wiser. They could infiltrate our society and destroy our way of life just like Communisum tried to do. Then, they will order a strike when we have our guard down like the Tet Offensive that lost us the Vietnam War.
"Clever girl," in the last words of the late great Raptor hunter, Robert Muldoon.

Silver

Jun 17, 2008
That depends on the raptors spawn points... If there is one for every human on the planet, and they spawn five metres behind us... WE'RE fucked! Damn!

Lazy Lemon

Mar 24, 2008
PS3fanboy said:
Lazy Lemon said:
Anyone who uses the argument that they don't exist has obviously never seen Jurrassic Park. It could happen quite easily, and when it does, we'll be the ones that don't exist anymore.
yes it could happen but is very unlikely.
movies that arn't based on actual events or arn't documentaries arn't very good for saying what could happen.

cloning an animal requires a complete gene to place inside an empty egg. now if it is a living animal then that is easy because there are many of them

if you wanted to clone an extict animal it would be tougher because you still need a complete gene which would be harder to get. skeletons of dinosaures are not really the bones, they are materials which replaced the bone when it finally started to decompose.

And you could use some DNA from a living animal but then it might not even live because of horrible mutations (or it could be stronger but that is very very very very very unlikely)

And like someone said clones only live to be 2 or 3 years which may not even be time for the clone to reach breading age and have normal offspring

And last. the world today is much different from the time they lived. The temperature (it was much warmer back then); the oxygen level (it was much higher); the pray, it would take completely different tactics to catch modern pray; and the biggest killer, modern bacteria and diseases, these would kill a dinosaure as soon as it was born, and if it was born in a lab, as soon as it went outside, just because the air has bacteria in it now that wasn't present when they were alive so there body would have no defence against it.

So to learn all this it would have to evolve to be smaller (oxygen levels), more cunning (new pray), and have a completely new immune system.
And it would have to evolve to do all this in one generation which, to put it simply, DOESN'T HAPPEN. Weather in nature or in a lab.

Hah. I use logic. So SHUT UP!
Hah. I pretend that I'm dumb enough to believe that everything I see in movies, and people like you fall for it and waste their time writing me an essay on how I'm wrong. So SHUT UP!

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
Silvertounge said:
Kovash86 said:
No, I know religious debates, I can win those unless it is involving eastern religions, this is about raptors and the fact that they taste like chicken.
I call bullshit. Chickens taste like raptors, not the other way around.
I ate chicken first so to me it tastes like chick, to another man it may taste like french fries, who knows.

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
Lazy Lemon said:
Hah. I pretend that I'm dumb enough to believe that everything I see in movies, and people like you fall for it and waste their time writing me an essay on how I'm wrong. So SHUT UP!
Hah. I didn't waste my time. I have nothing better to do right now. So SHUT UP!

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
PS3fanboy said:
Lazy Lemon said:
Hah. I didn't waste my time. I have nothing better to do right now. So SHUT UP!
...crap wrong button...

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
This thread is made of pure win

please continue your (at best) funny, amusing, and informative bits on the Raptor invasion (will it come before or after the radioactive alien zombies from pluto....with LAZERS >.<)

or (at worst) your foolish attempts to kill Santa Claus as it were....who is even now collaborating with the raptors to soften us up with toys so they can rip our children limb from limb, causing a generational gap worse than what happened to the french after WWI!!!

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Larenxis said:
Woah woah woah! Raptors with laserbeam eyes! Think about it.
Why would they resort to such crude weaponry when inteligence is availible to them?
because they can melt your face off from a distance!

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
KenzS said:
sammyfreak said:
Larenxis said:
Woah woah woah! Raptors with laserbeam eyes! Think about it.
Why would they resort to such crude weaponry when inteligence is availible to them?
because they can melt your face off from a distance!
Style before substance, a virtue that dinosaurs are most familiar with.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
Aren't velociraptors like 2 feet tall? Or are you referring to their cousin, the Deinonychus?

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Larenxis said:
sammyfreak said:
Style before substance, a virtue that dinosaurs are most familiar with.
I think laserbeam eyes are pretty stylish.
Well you obviously have no sense of style then. Naturalism > Technology these days, or so I wish. But since I think of myself as a demigod my wish is law.