Velociraptor attacks

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
"Velociraptor was a mid-sized dromaeosaurid, with adults measuring up to 2.07 m (6.8 ft) long, 0.5 m (1.6 ft) high at the hip, and weighing up to 15 kg (33 lb)."

pretty small for a cunning killer

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
KenzS said:
"Velociraptor was a mid-sized dromaeosaurid, with adults measuring up to 2.07 m (6.8 ft) long, 0.5 m (1.6 ft) high at the hip, and weighing up to 15 kg (33 lb)."

exactly! velociraptors are small, BEWARE OF THE UTAHRAPTOR AND THE DEINONYCHUS. our military forces would be crippled like an old lady with osteoporosis playing hockey should we be attack by them.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
KenzS said:

Actually at that size you would have to be cunning to kill anything worth noting for a human. Think of how many creatures are bigger than humans then compare that number to the number of creatures smaller than us, I think we are classified as pretty big creatures.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
PurpleRain said:
Plus it could smell you and already have another raptor lying in ambush.
Clever girl...

I'm not yet convinced by these inflated claims of raptor intelligence. If a teenager can fool one with only some reflective metal I think it's safe to say we're not dealing with a carnivorous, pack-hunting Stephen Hawking.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
Saskwach said:
PurpleRain said:
Plus it could smell you and already have another raptor lying in ambush.
Clever girl...

I'm not yet convinced by these inflated claims of raptor intelligence. If a teenager can fool one with only some reflective metal I think it's safe to say we're not dealing with a carnivorous, pack-hunting Stephen Hawking.
Hogwash. Spielberg did that because he's become a hack, and also because children have contractual immortality in most films. In the real ending, the whole movie was just the raptors having fun with them, enjoying their terror (for the raptor is a sadistic creature). At the end it turns out that Grant was a raptor all along, and he eats everyone and wrecks the helicopter.

- J

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
But they would have trouble with my cerebral bore! Ah, how I loved that gun.

Bravo on finding a picture of a Velociraptor in a battle power suit, by the way.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
Johnn Johnston said:
Kovash86 said:
Ninja wizard polar bears. With laser eyes and guns, and giant robots.
No, simply call upon...

The Transformers!
But the transformers are notoriously incompetent in combat, even their best fighter sucks in comparison to any decent human in a mech, also the transformers did fight against a raptor, in the Beast Wars series his name was Dinobot, he died, twice. Which oddly enough is still less times than Optimus Prime died in that series, which is WAY WAY less than Waspinator (or Wasp in Transformers animated.) Oh yeah I also forgot when Megatron started making raptor clones to kill the humans with, they got wiped out when the humans discovered a rock on a stick can kill the raptor clones.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I'm just about to write up an overall report of my findings. Stay tuned guys. Also, any velocoraptor experiences or survival skills would be helpful.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
I once survived a 'raptor attack after an eventful meeting with Dr. John Hammond. He told me he had a new business venture, and I naively agreed to check it out...