Velociraptor Shooter: Pierre's Adventure through Insectland

Forsooth and Pi

Apr 23, 2008
I'm afraid this thread has nothing to do with Pierre, the French chef, or his adventures riding stick insects while hoisting a gun that shoots velociraptors out of it. After all, that game is the intellectual property of one "Yahtzee." But for those of you who already saw today's Zero Punctuation episode, you can probably figure out where I'm going with this.

If not, here it is: What is the trippiest, most original game concept you can come up with?

Perhaps, on the extremely slim chance that someone who works for a company reads this, then they can steal our ideas, make the game a reality, and then we can sue the pants off of them (and hopefully whatever money is in their pants). That way, we'll have an awesome new game to play, and also be millionaires.

My vote goes for a Katamari Damacy First Person Shooter game. I have no idea how it would work, but it's just so damn crazy that it would have to work.

Forsooth and Pi

Apr 23, 2008
I'm seriously trying to imagine what a second-person shooter would be like. All I can think of is the main character is constantly looking directly at the camera, but that just feels like a weird way of playing third-person...

Let me know when you finish your flash game of Pierre; I really want to play it. ^_~

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Forsooth and Pi said:
I'm seriously trying to imagine what a second-person shooter would be like. All I can think of is the main character is constantly looking directly at the camera, but that just feels like a weird way of playing third-person...
A second person shooter would have you, the player, telling the guy with the guns what to do.

If you think about it all games in which you directly control people are second person.

My idea: A side-scrolling action-puzzle game in which you control a gun-toting space ranger earthworm, wait. *whispering* Are you serious! How is it possible that someone did that already?

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
A Game where you ride around in a spaceship made out of Dungeons and dragon equipment and shoot dice at nerds. A game where you shoot Unoriginal games with a creative idea gun. A game where you Pilot a potato mech to fight off carrot troopers. A games where you play as yahtzee and fight off fanboys with cyniscisim ray's and common sense bomb's. A game where you travel through video game's as yathzee and beat them to death. Okay, is that enough original ideas for you?

Unreality

May 7, 2008
A game where youre some super mega powerful dude who's tired of the unorginality in games and goes smack up game developers and there company's

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I don't think I could tell you my most original, trippy game concept. I could probably come up with an even better one 5 minutes later, ad infinitum.

How about a game that uses nasal drip as a control interface?

nick_knack

Jul 16, 2008
Unreality said:
A game where youre some super mega powerful dude who's tired of the unorginality in games and goes smack up game developers and there company's
Ever heard of I'm OK? It's not quite what you said but it's close!:)
As for my idea: A game that (ironically) rips off every good idea in gaming ever. Ever.

EDIT: EVER!

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
How about a game based off an episode of the twilight zone? I'm not sure which episode or what you would do, really, but the concept sounds weird enough.

Yechezkel

Jul 29, 2008
You play a series of five science-lab-themed minigames.* After you complete the games, a mutant is created. The attributes of said mutant are determined by your scores in the minigames, and you would be able to save a number of the critters in your lab. You then select one of these creatures to take part in a fighting game in which it would be pitted against other mutants, both randomly generated by the system and created by other players.

Yeah it's not exactly the great epic of our generation, but I think it sounds fun.

*Which exact games are selected randomly out of a larger pool. You wouldn't play the same games every time.

Jhaxavier

Jul 9, 2008
You are working in a pizza place but in reality its a front for a cell of SAS operatives who go about and kick ass around the world after hours on a moment's notice. The assault kit has an apron (lol i dunno) and a rolling pin (to subdue hostages), and the whole game takes place in a first-person perspective. You spend 80% of the time doing pizza place stuff in first person, and spend the other 20% kicking ass in desert fortresses on islands surrounded with pikes with rotting corpses on them.

Hey, I blame it on the dream I had the night after they fired me.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Indigo_Dingo said:
Ocarina of Time played as Navi. You have two buttons and a meter.
A button - HEY!
B Trigger - Listen!
The meter registers the players annoyance. Fill it to win.
You also have to type out useless messages to give, and remind the player of stuff they already knew.
Heh. This would probably make a good parody flash game.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Whoa! I was just hit with an idea!

Okay, Oblivion large scale frreroaming map! There are four factions on the map:
-Robots
-Ninjas
-Vikings
-and Pirates

Each have a mega base. You start off with no allience to each but can join as one. If you choose robots they remove your weak flesh and replace it with stronger electronics and so forth. You basically fight to wipe the others out. A free roaming 3rd persona action-RPG where you can upgrade your weapons, armour and appreance to who you play as.