Venom (2018) Trailer

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Kendritch said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
His proportions are too normal and human. He's not bulky enough, not comic booky enough. It's a step up from his design in spiderman 3 but he's still not physically imposing enough. I want him completely dwarfing other people.

It's kind of like when Lou Ferrigno played the Hulk versus the modern version in terms of the size difference between what we have and what I want.
Yeah, that's how I felt too. Before Ruffalo came along and showed us what a truly bulky Hulk can look like, I would have excused Venom for not looking like his comic book counterpart since it might look silly or cartoonish. Now, after Avengers came out in 2012 and showed us how good-looking a bulky oversized comic book character can be, superhero movies have no excuse.
I'll third this. Although I'd be fine with a compromise.

Tom Hardy is already a fairly buff dude as Eddie (Comic Brock was notably a body builder before he became Venom), so I'd be fine if fully symbioted Venom upgraded him to Dwayne Johnson levels of beefy. A very big and imposing man, but still human-sized.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Am I a heretic in saying I like a more slender Venom?

Always liked that appearance better. It makes him more of a doppleganger to Spidey, and I feel there's more menace in something that isn't overtly bulky, but rather more insidious. 'Quiet horror', if you will (even if Venom and Carnage are anything but quiet).

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Hawki said:
Am I a heretic in saying I like a more slender Venom?

Always liked that appearance better. It makes him more of a doppleganger to Spidey,
I get your point, and I would agree but... there's no "Spidey" in this film for that parallel to work, unfortunately.