Venom film coming this Fall!!!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Fuck Sony. I had hoped Spider-Man coming to the MCU was the beginning of the end for the atrocities Sony has done to Marvel...nope. Now a whole new wave of atrocities begin, starting with well, Sony's MCU fanfic called 'Venom'.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Hawki said:
Xprimentyl said:
And Venom? Fuck off.
Sheesh, I said I liked Spidey 3, I didn't say anything about Venom.

But before I do "fuck off,"?
Easy, hoss; that ?fuck off? was directed at Spider-Man 3?s Venom, not you.

If you were able to stomach that film as a net positive, that?s entirely fine; not trying to convince you otherwise. I?m just relaying how this long-time Spider-Man and Venom fan felt both characters were done a huge disservice; I couldn?t be bothered to dig through its remaining detritus to find any redemptive value. I feel it was a horrible movie and I?d give my left thigh to have those couple of hours of my life back.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
the trailer looks like one of those clickbait fake trailer thats made up of different shots from different trailers with the same actor
I genuinely thought it was just so when I watched it like a week ago. Still surprised that it isn't.

That said, I greatly anticipate seeing Venom in one of these Venom trailers at some point!

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
It's a teaser for Venom that fails to actually tease Venom, we just get countless shots of Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock and a vague of outline of what might be a plot. I'm in the same boat as you in terms of Venom love, but man I'm not excited for this at all. I'm concerned that they've used their first teaser to sell "TOM HARDY IS IN THIS" rather than actually setting up anticipation for the real star of the show: the Venom persona. We get mere seconds of what I assume is a Symbiote and absolutely no hint as to what the beloved marriage of said Symbiote and world class reporter will look or sound like.

Tom Hardy can give the performance of a lifetime as Brock, but if the look of Venom is off it'll kill the whole thing for me. He's got to be big, real fucking big. Much bigger than he was as Bane.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Saelune said:
Fuck Sony. I had hoped Spider-Man coming to the MCU was the beginning of the end for the atrocities Sony has done to Marvel...nope. Now a whole new wave of atrocities begin, starting with well, Sony's MCU fanfic called 'Venom'.
Um, what atrocities?

Closest Sony's ever come to an "atrocity" with a Marvel property is the first Amazing Spider-Man movie.