Vice City Wrongful Death Suit Dismissed

Jayact

May 18, 2008
I feel sorry for the kid in this case. Being used by Thompson to try to sue Rockstar.
And no one has even mentioned this, but he went though a lot of abuse.
"It was later determined that Posey had suffered from brutal long-term abuse from his father, according to a Joystiq article, including being beaten with a board and burned with a metal rod after he refused his father's urging to have sex with his stepmother."
What kind of family is this?

DreamerM

Feb 28, 2008
Jayact said:
"It was later determined that Posey had suffered from brutal long-term abuse from his father, according to a Joystiq article, including being beaten with a board and burned with a metal rod after he refused his father's urging to have sex with his stepmother."
What kind of family is this?
No kidding.

Real-world cruelty like this really puts game violence in perspective. With all the evil out there, digital content in which no one gets hurt seems pretty innocuous.

I really hope that kid gets the help he needs. His problems run far deeper then any video game.

rayxofxsunshine

Mar 13, 2008
I just can't help but think back to Columbine when I hear claims about media inducing behavior. The fact of the matter is any child, or adult for that matter, must have the idea and desire to behave in such a way (however minuscule the desire is) to be influenced by media to do it. Especially in this case, the problem lies with the environment around a person and his role-models. But, everyone knows that. The only reason Jack T gets his point even heard is because parents (and everyone else for that matter) are looking for a scape-goat instead of admitting fault in their shitty parenting. Nevermind the fact that MOST (not all) video games that feature senseless violence have some form of good vs evil in them, and typically feature main characters that are somewhat admirable (for some games it's a stretch, but the admirable qualities are still there). Nevermind the fact that even in games like Grand Theft Auto there are consequences for violent behavior.

I like what DreamerM said about real-world cruelty putting violent video games into perspective.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
To Jakub: That is some face fat. If avoid his beautiful eyes you will notice he is turning his head for some people when you turn your head and push it back (like you would do for taking a photo I suppose) than you get that side...face...fat...thing.