Video capture blues

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
So I've got a defunct YouTube channel I was planning on making some more videos for. Got burst of enthusiasm and all that. Gonna learn how to use OBS and maybe stream a bit.

I've been using a Hauppage HD PVR 60. Clunky, but plenty of power. Been passively using it as a pass through between the Switch and the TV for years no problem. Also, the only Hauppage capture card that *doesn't* work with OBS, apparently. Grumble, grumble.

Really want to use OBS instead of the proprietary software and I remember I backed the Genki Shadowcast Kickstarter. Perfect time to try using it. Connects brilliantly to OBS but doesn't have a built in pass through. Has a bit of software that lets you play on your computer monitor though...except they changed it from an exe into an app sometime late last year and not it doesn't fucking work. Like, at all. So I can record all I want long as I play with the OBS preview lag. (Or get an HDMI splitter that isn't gonna freak out)

No problem, I'll just reattach the Hauppage and use the proprietary software until I get a new capture card. Even update the software. Not ideal, but whatever...except now the software works great but the pass through to the TV, which has been working fine for *literal years*, now doesn't pass through the audio.

Why can't shit just work

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Go old-school and record with fraps like it's 2007 and you're partnered with Machinima.

Reactions: gorfias

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
HEY FOLKS! DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS CAUSING THE AUDIO ISSUE FROM MY STREAMING DEVICE?

THE HDR ON THE TV ACCIDENTALLY GOT TURNED BACK ON! DID YOU KNOW HDR AFFECTS AUDIO TOO? I SURE FUCKING DIDN'T! I LOVE COMPUTERS AND AM NOT INTENSELY ANGRY!