Video card died, need cheap suggestions

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
So, as the title says, my video card died on my main computer, and I need something to replace it. However, money's a bit tight at the moment so I have very little to spend to replace it. How much, you ask? $50 U.S. Yeah, not much. I'm not looking for anything really powerful, as I'll probably replace it at a later date, but I need something to hold me over until then.

I know nothing about picking out a video card, and don't want to end up with something that's complete shit, so I need some help. What's a decent, if underpowered, card that I could get for less that fifty bucks?

Supernova1138

Oct 24, 2011
$50 won't get you too far, new cards in that price range are about equivalent to current integrated graphics setups. If you want to play anything more demanding than Minecraft above minimal graphical settings, you may have to look for a used video card. You might be able to find an old Radeon HD 6870 or GTX 560 for $50.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
You MIGHT find a HD 6670 for $50-$60 if you look around a bit and are really lucky, otherwise I agree with Supernova and suggest you try the used route.