Video Game Character Crushes

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Ryallen said:
Well, when I first played Fire Emblem Awakening, my pairing of choice for Robin was Tharja.

She's scary, she's sexy, she's powerful, she's surprisingly a good mother, and her supports with Robin are adorable, especially with the Summer Scramble DLC.

But, I forced myself to distance from her and her really good supports when my friend started teasing me after I jokingly commanded him to pair up with Tharja so that "my fanfic won't be ruined." I also grew kinda jealous when I saw that all of my friends were already playing different runthroughs of the game, pairing everyone with everyone else, and I decided to do so as well.

But she remains my favorite and canon support with Robin, and frankly, I just love everything about her.
In FE:A, Tharja was my favorite too. I couldn't romance her fast enough and I really liked the character interactions that you end up having with your daughters too.

Another one who I've always had a huge crush on is Lulu from Final Fantasy X. She's a large-breasted bondage witch after all...what's not to love? The skirt-made-out-of-belts thing is a bit much though, I guess...but hey she's my type and I can look past the excessive belts.

Flannery is another crush too but she's more of a character I just want to glomp and cuddle for a few years...especially in ORAS; her introduction was priceless!

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I dunno. Is it a crush if I simply find her adorable? If so, my most recent one would be Elphelt from Guilty Gear Xrd.

Fans are always talking about the chest window, but I'm more charmed by what she does rather than how she looks. I find her constant concern about how she looks to others to be relatable. That alongside her naturally warm and friendly personality makes me want to root for her as she clumsily struggles to become the "pinnacle of femininity" she dreams of becoming.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
I'm surprised no one has mentioned my all time video game crush:

Lilith from Borderlands and Borderlands 2, especially 2.

She's a Siren, so she's badass.
Her body is bangin' while still being realistic proportion-wise.
Love the red hair and yellow eye thing, for some reason.
And, as evidenced by the DLC, a complete dork.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Celes from Final Fantasty VI was my first video game "crush" when I was a kid. Even today whenever I play FFVI I have a fondness of the character and always keep her in my party when possible.

Midna from Twilight Princess. Yeah that one made me feel really awkward, but I loved her personality so much. The ending of Twilight Princess was one of the most emotionally draining video game endings I can remember, in a good way... unlike Mass Effect 3.

Tali from Mass Effect. I know a lot of people hate her but I always thought she was adorable. I also loved her awkwardness because it reminded me a lot of myself, so she felt a lot more relatable than most of the other characters in the series.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
There's a bunch of video game characters that I find physically appealing from a character design point of view but never really had a "crush" on in terms of personality.

However, in terms of personality...

I dunno, she's both clever and ditsy (at least in the first game) and is actually someone I'd like to know more about. Doesn't hurt that she's a cutie either.

If we're only talking about physical appearance though, there's a whole bunch like I said. Generally I like cute girls of various body shapes though I'm not so fond of characters that are poorly dressed. If Sorceress wore a business suit instead of being a walking wardrobe malfunction as she is portrayed in the game I'd be very intrigued.

I also have a thing for really tall women. Samus was originally 6'3" which I think is f***ing hot but of course, Other M had to ruin everything including making her dainty and small instead of keeping her the amazon goddess that she was. At least Bayonetta's still tall I suppose.

I am rambling, time to draw fanart.

6'3''... *drools*

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
sageoftruth said:
I dunno. Is it a crush if I simply find her adorable? If so, my most recent one would be Elphelt from Guilty Gear Xrd.

Fans are always talking about the chest window, but I'm more charmed by what she does rather than how she looks. I find her constant concern about how she looks to others to be relatable. That alongside her naturally warm and friendly personality makes me want to root for her as she clumsily struggles to become the "pinnacle of femininity" she dreams of becoming.
Huh, an Arcsys fan

to be fair there always is Makoto Nanaya and her overly energetic personality

Alternatively, if I was to stretch the definition of "game" a bit, I really love Rin Tohsaka. Smart, snarky, and fun to be around

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Well I'll give you a hint. This is my desktop background:
But when I was a kid, I was all about this guy:
Yeah I dunno anymore...I guess you could say I had interesting taste. :p I'd still do Riku though.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Hmmm...

I like Telma from Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, something about a mature seductive well endowed redhead... with elf ears just makes me swoon.

Some other ladies I like:

Princess Peach
Midna (the Chibi version... yeah I know :p)
Tifa from Final Fantasy VII
Ayla from Chrono Trigger
Ophelia from Brutal Legend
Noa from Legend of Legaia
Viconia from Baldur's Gate 2

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Alright, when I was an EHKOS Jr. I had a crush on Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken 3.

Now I really like Jack from ME2. I'm really bad at describing why. She's rough, chill (half the time), and I kind of saved her and helped turn her into a person with more of a future. A future with me /mushy love crap
I must admit Bioware can really make you attached to a character. I'm a straight male, so it was just a bromance, but Thane made me consider it for a second.

Also

ultrabiome said:
Lilith from Borderlands and Borderlands 2, especially 2.

She's a Siren, so she's badass.
Her body is bangin' while still being realistic proportion-wise.
Love the red hair and yellow eye thing, for some reason.
And, as evidenced by the DLC, a complete dork.
I love the last part the most, it completely changes her personality and I was honestly envious of Roland...then I was envious that the world doesn't let video game characters come to life and love you.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Scow2 said:
Katt from Breath of Fire II for me, all the way!
Ya damn right, Katt. She was awesome, even if her personality was a bit straightforward.

My first was Nina from Breath of Fire 1.

Recently, however, I just got Danganronpa for my Vita...

Yes, please ^_^

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
My crushes are the following:

Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.
Shino from .hack//G.U.
Leliana from Dragon Age.
Rachel from Ninja Gaiden.
Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles.
Lucina, Tharja, and Cordelia from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Edit, now I'm thinking about it:

Gaige from BL2 might fit the bill or Bridget (see avi) from Guilty Gear. Though I never really had video game crushes really.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Lots of crushes on NPCs, many of them pretty obvious, like Moxxi from Borderlands. Generally I have a tough time falling for my own character. I think Lara and Jill and Claire and Sheva and Jade are all gorgeous women, but having played as them and essentially experienced whole games as them, my feelings tend to be more fraternal than romantic.

Let's go with Mad Moxxi, Tifa Lockhart and Velvet from Odin Sphere.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite. Almost from the second you meet her, you'd do just about anything to see her smile.
Very nice, cute, smart, witty, caring, etc...

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
Bitter Hobbit said:
Avalanche91 said:
Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins. I suppose it's mostly the way her voice actress delivers the flirty lines because damn that voice.
Gotta agree with you here man, Claudia Black as such a sexy voice, combined with Morrigan's very hot design, instant win. Can't wait to run into her in DA:I.
It makes you sad that your Inquisitor can't romance her. The entire I first saw her I had this big stupid grin on my face. My Warden is a lucky man.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'd have to go with Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

He's sauve, and smooth as fuck.

He can assassinate me anytime. ;D

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
My longest standing video game crush would be Chihaya Kisaragi from iDOLM@STER.

Her CV is Asami Imai which basically means her voice is amazing, but on top of that I think she's absolutely beautiful and her personality is pretty much my ideal type. And I'm not talking about anime Chihaya who was a totally different character, I'm talking about the Chihaya from the games who is hard working and actually smiles.

She also sounds good in goofy songs.