Video Game Character You Associate Most With?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Hanako Ikezawa, from Katawa Shoujo. It was like looking into a mirror...that somehow showed me from a few years back, and female.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Blue Mage from Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

[http://photobucket.com/images/blue%20mage]

Simply because I am interested in learning various things, I'm a quick study, and I enjoy dressing up (both in costume and formal attire).

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I often felt a connection to Link from Legend of Zelda due to me looking a lot like him, but later I found a far stronger connection to Soren from Fire Emblem because I have a very similar personality.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
See, the problem is that video game characters do cool things while I...oh.....I made myself sad

Well...

Probably Commander Shepard (or really any Bioware-made main character). Every time I play games like that, I always make the choices I want to make, regardless of the morality meter. Generally, it ends up being mostly paragon anyway but still...
^This, both paragraphs /sad

That said, I don't go full Paragon anymore. I used to and that was really quite close to my RL personality back then. Over the years though, I've grown a bit... you could say more cynical, I'd say less of a sap. Basically a good guy all the way through, willing to help and all, but I don't take anyone's bullshit.

TheRussian said:
If I don't shave that's how I end up looking, plus we both have a sexy accent.
American faking a Serbian accent (even worse than they usually do on Russian accents) is not even remotely sexy :p

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
Well if we can exclude looks and turn to the way of thinking I suppose you could fuse "The Wolf" And Ezio auditore and you'd get me I suppose (I'm just decidedly less evil than the wolf but just as calculative and strategically apt)
Then there's that distinct notion of free-running and being all poetic and stuff you get from being like Ezio

If we're talking "Who do you most look like"
Well god damn it I'm Alan wake,

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
TheRussian said:
Niko Bellic

If I don't shave that's how I end up looking, plus we both have a sexy accent.
There are some situations where my reaction would be identical to his. I can't really identify that much with other GTA characters that much, even though I think they have some of the best character arcs ever written.
so.... if you get pissed you shoot the place up and start randomly murdering pedestrians ey?

-steps back carefully-

Jan 13, 2012
I'm alot like Aeden Cousland. Though if you're talking about canon characters then
Terminate421 said:
Well,

I am terrified of dying
I don't like getting burned
Fire based weapons are fun as hell
I love wearing a helmet with my armor, and my helmet must look cool
I am relatively young but not some kid
When I get in the mood I tend to be reckless
If I were to be in an actual war, I might get lucky a few times because of my squad, then die horribly

I think I win this thread for being the most spot on, I am Ben Carmine
This a million times. I'm just like Ben Carmine. I'm young, a bit of a coward and a bit brash(Although I have yet to be eaten alive).

Also if I was in a position of power (which i'm not) then i'd just be like Saren Arterius. I'd get shit done at whatever the cost.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Terminate421 said:
Well,

I am terrified of dying
I don't like getting burned
Fire based weapons are fun as hell
I love wearing a helmet with my armor, and my helmet must look cool
I am relatively young but not some kid
When I get in the mood I tend to be reckless
If I were to be in an actual war, I might get lucky a few times because of my squad, then die horribly

I think I win this thread for being the most spot on, I am Ben Carmine
I was thinking I'd be a bit like Anthony Carmine even before I saw your post, you know someone who is a little reckless, a decent fighter but just ends up getting screwed over by something random like a weapon jam and then taken out by a sniper. I agree with you being spot on though, everyone is trying to be way too cool.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Either this forum is actually full of hardcore badasses who happen to like videogames, or some folks just ain't doin' it right.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Zhukov said:
Ehhh... it's kinda tricky. Most video game characters are poorly defined badasses.

I on the other hand am most decidedly not a badass.

April Ryan from The Longest Journey comes to mind. Partly because she's a young penniless person who isn't sure what she wants to do with herself. Also, something about the unflappable and matter-of-fact way she deals with crazy shit struck a chord with me.
You beat me to it. I will go with Zoe from Dreamfall. Both I could relate with very well.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
As far as looks, Soul Calibur's Siegfried.
I have his eyes, his hair, and his face-shape. My friends make fun of me for it all the time.

When it comes to personality, I have no clue. I'll get back to you on that...

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Definitely Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3. Honestly, me and her shared the exact same emotions at the exact same time throughout the entire game.

Although I probably wouldn't adapt so easily to the crazy Silent Hill experience as she did if I were in her shoes, buuuuut... Well, I won't lie, not ALL the monsters in that game are exactly that intimidating or even hard to kill, and hell, some of those attacks of theirs, I mean come on, the penis-headed purple things just kinda ram into you... On second thought that's pretty unpleasant, but not in a physically painful kind of way... Oh look, I'm rambling again.

Anyways, Heather Mason. Yeah. Her. Me. Yeah.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
i honestly don't know... i could give you some anime characters but not any game characters... im incredibly lazy, a pretty good tactician, completely psychotic if i get into a combat situation and am designated distraction... i cannot think of any game characters like that...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Maybe Travis Tourchdown from No More Heroes?

I'm still unemployed while Travis seen to make himself a living by doing odds jobs so he barely hanging in there (excluding the assassination jobs). While he is a otaku I don't consider myself to be in the same level as he is (especially he is into moe which I'm not) but anime is one of my main interest. Sure I live with my parent but during my University years I always get the smallest room in the flat so I can easily live in the same lifestyle in Travis small motel room he's living in.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I share the same birthday as Adam Jensen. Right down to the very year. Now I know exactly how old I'll be in 2027.

But personality wise, most likely Riku from Kingdom Hearts. We have the same desire to be more than we already are, whatever the cost. And we always dream about there being more to our tiny worlds. We both admire Sora for following his heart more than his ambitions. His speech about the other worlds at the very beginning of KH1 was the first indicator for me.